Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

Contributor

Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the Nokia Lumia 1020 device... There is an AT&T version of this phone in the market, I am not from the U.S and I wanted to buy it... On Amazon there is "without a service plan" choice while purchasing the phone.
If I bought the phone with no service plan choice... would the phone still be SIM locked which means that it wont work with any other carrier other than AT&T?
And if it means so... is there any other ways to get the phone legally unlocked? but keep in mind I am not a US
resident.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3 (958 Views)
Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

The phone will be locked to AT&T.  I'm not sure of your unlock options, but you can call AT&T at 1-916-843-4685.

Message 2 of 3 (917 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

Hello there,

The unlock code can only be obtained by either calling AT&T Customer Care or by filling out the online form at:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
- a current AT&T customer
- a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
- The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
- The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (890 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.