Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

Contributor

Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the Nokia Lumia 1020 device... There is an AT&T version of this phone in the market, I am not from the U.S and I wanted to buy it... On Amazon there is "without a service plan" choice while purchasing the phone.
If I bought the phone with no service plan choice... would the phone still be SIM locked which means that it wont work with any other carrier other than AT&T?
And if it means so... is there any other ways to get the phone legally unlocked? but keep in mind I am not a US
resident.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

The phone will be locked to AT&T.  I'm not sure of your unlock options, but you can call AT&T at 1-916-843-4685.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 no service plan

Hello there,

The unlock code can only be obtained by either calling AT&T Customer Care or by filling out the online form at:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
- a current AT&T customer
- a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
- The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
- The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support