Helpful Links

Nokia Lumia 1020 Battery charging issue

Mentor

Nokia Lumia 1020 Battery charging issue

I have a new Nokia Lumia 1020 and really like it but I've noticed some strange battery charging issues a couple of times.

Usually I plug in my phone's charging cable and from a 50% charge, a couple of hours later, it's at a 100% charge.

However, a couple of times, after more than two hours, it seems stuck at 95%. Then last night I plugged in my phone at a 50% charge and went to sleep. A full EIGHT hours later it was only at 74%.

I left the phone plugged in and checked the battery settings and verified that it was at 74%. Battery saver has never been on for this phone. I didn't change any settings and left the phone alone. An hour later I checked again and the phone was at 100%.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on here? Why does the phone seem to charge so inconsistently? Are there any settings I can change to fix this?

Any information would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 Battery charging issue

what are you using to carget it? is it always the nokia-supplied power adapter?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

At home I do use the Nokia-provided charger.

Message 3 of 6

Try using the app called battery or lockwidgets

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Professor

This is the battery app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/battery/c8e96f8e-cda1-4e25-b628-e934815b25cb

I use this on my 920, it's very handy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

I find on my 1020 the battery level indicator can freeze up. When I reboot the phone after charging it indicates a full charge.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support