Nokia Black Update availability for Nokia Lumia 920?

Mentor

Nokia Black Update availability for Nokia Lumia 920?

Nokia Black Update was realesed today (Dec 19,2013) for Nokia Lumia 1020 & 1520.

Does anybody know when this update will become available for Nokia Lumia 920?

Message 1 of 29 (12,566 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Black Update availability for Nokia Lumia 920?

Nobody "knows" (who could talk about it, anyway) but rumors are that it should roll out in January

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/526453/20131201/windows-phone-8-update-3-gdr3-set.htm

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 29 (12,497 Views)
Scholar

Yeah, that says nothing about the L920.  or am I missing something?

Message 3 of 29 (12,488 Views)
Teacher

Generic statement from Nokia below which could indicate the other product lines will see it sometime after the start of the year.  At least from the handset manufacturer perspective.  Our carrier may see things differently!  Hopefully, it's released to us before 8.1 (Blue?).....

Nokia Black / GDR3 Update

Message 4 of 29 (12,465 Views)

The L925 got Black also yesterday, so it should be soon

Message 5 of 29 (12,419 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Lumia 925 have received Black Update on T-Mobile only, right? Not on AT&T.

It looks like T-Mobile recieved GDR3 Update only, without the Nokia Black update

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/20/lumia-925-update-brings-windows-phone-8-update-3-forgets-lum...

Message 6 of 29 (12,419 Views)
ACE - Professor

lylone wrote:

Yeah, that says nothing about the L920.  or am I missing something?

The general rollout across all Lumias is expected "early 2014"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 29 (12,333 Views)
Mentor

Any updates?

Message 8 of 29 (11,565 Views)

Waiting on At&t

Message 9 of 29 (10,961 Views)
ACE - Guru

Message 10 of 29 (10,905 Views)
Mentor

"Waiting for approval"

Great! I wonder how long will be the wait on AT&T...

Message 11 of 29 (10,882 Views)
Mentor

Oh no! Not this again! Didn't we just go through this with Amber? Smiley Surprised

Actually, I'm not quite as hung up on this update, as there aren't any "gotta have now" features in this list, that I can tell. Given AT&T's pathetic history with updates, what's the over/under? I'll start the bidding with middle of May.

Message 12 of 29 (10,777 Views)
Mentor

Smiley MadBased on the GDR2/Amber update i will raise you to mid August.

Message 13 of 29 (10,731 Views)
Mentor

2014 or 2015?

Message 14 of 29 (10,712 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I'd expect it in early Feb. Unless AT&T kicks it back to Nokia (like Amber on the 920) and then it might be early March.

Just a personal guess, I have no inside knowledge. The Amber update was due ~ 30 days after "waiting for approval" and then was rejected, it finally released ~ 30 days after THAT. So it seems likely the AT&T approval process takes about a month from when AT&T gets the software. Maybe.

Message 15 of 29 (10,660 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.