Posted Feb 7, 2014
10:21:38 AM
View profile
Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

I have a Nokia 920 (since September 2013) and have noticed significant battery draining issues recently.  As this is my company phone, I have even had it replaced with little to no improved.  Typically I charge (and have tried different and even new chargers) overnight, have a full 100% when I leave for work, and then it drains down to 20-30% by mid-afternoon.  I have read all the battery saving ideas and have tried those.  My question is about photos.  I recently (couple months ago) took lots of photos on vacation.  I saved the pics to SkyDrive and have lots in the Mobil Uploads folder and the Saved Pictures folder.  Are those draining my battery?  I have the photos set to shuffle as well.  I like seeing the various photos but need my battery to last as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Nokia 920 (since September 2013) and have noticed significant battery draining issues recently.  As this is my company phone, I have even had it replaced with little to no improved.  Typically I charge (and have tried different and even new chargers) overnight, have a full 100% when I leave for work, and then it drains down to 20-30% by mid-afternoon.  I have read all the battery saving ideas and have tried those.  My question is about photos.  I recently (couple months ago) took lots of photos on vacation.  I saved the pics to SkyDrive and have lots in the Mobil Uploads folder and the Saved Pictures folder.  Are those draining my battery?  I have the photos set to shuffle as well.  I like seeing the various photos but need my battery to last as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 5:35:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Probably not the photos. They only sync once.

When you have that kind of battery drain its usually because some process is running/stuck, OR the GPS is constantly on.

Which apps are running in the background?

Probably not the photos. They only sync once.

When you have that kind of battery drain its usually because some process is running/stuck, OR the GPS is constantly on.

Which apps are running in the background?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

2 of 7 (7,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (7,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 10:53:42 AM
(0)
Community Support

@Sooner_Blue , did you recently do any software updates?

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

@Sooner_Blue , did you recently do any software updates?

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

4 of 7 (7,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 5:01:34 AM
(0)
Professor

I have a 925 my third one and I go from 100% to 20 % in 14 hours with everything turned off and all background apps blocked  and the phone is idle the entire 14 hours  something is wrong with these Luminas

I have a 925 my third one and I go from 100% to 20 % in 14 hours with everything turned off and all background apps blocked  and the phone is idle the entire 14 hours  something is wrong with these Luminas

5 of 7 (6,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 7:19:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
The Lumia 1520 will run for 2-3 days of heavy use without charging. Those 92x phones are terrible with battery.

I think for the 1520 it a combination of the new processor efficiency and the battery size.
The Lumia 1520 will run for 2-3 days of heavy use without charging. Those 92x phones are terrible with battery.

I think for the 1520 it a combination of the new processor efficiency and the battery size.

6 of 7 (5,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:46:16 AM
(0)
Professor

I just switched to a 1020  we will see what happens with this one

I just switched to a 1020  we will see what happens with this one

7 of 7 (5,938 Views)