Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

Contributor

Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

I have a Nokia 920 (since September 2013) and have noticed significant battery draining issues recently.  As this is my company phone, I have even had it replaced with little to no improved.  Typically I charge (and have tried different and even new chargers) overnight, have a full 100% when I leave for work, and then it drains down to 20-30% by mid-afternoon.  I have read all the battery saving ideas and have tried those.  My question is about photos.  I recently (couple months ago) took lots of photos on vacation.  I saved the pics to SkyDrive and have lots in the Mobil Uploads folder and the Saved Pictures folder.  Are those draining my battery?  I have the photos set to shuffle as well.  I like seeing the various photos but need my battery to last as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (8,149 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia 920 Battery Drain and Photos

Probably not the photos. They only sync once.

When you have that kind of battery drain its usually because some process is running/stuck, OR the GPS is constantly on.

Which apps are running in the background?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (7,923 Views)
ACE - Guru

[ Edited ]
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (7,843 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

@Sooner_Blue , did you recently do any software updates?

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 7 (7,811 Views)
Professor

I have a 925 my third one and I go from 100% to 20 % in 14 hours with everything turned off and all background apps blocked  and the phone is idle the entire 14 hours  something is wrong with these Luminas

Message 5 of 7 (6,601 Views)

The Lumia 1520 will run for 2-3 days of heavy use without charging. Those 92x phones are terrible with battery.

I think for the 1520 it a combination of the new processor efficiency and the battery size.
Message 6 of 7 (6,350 Views)
Professor

I just switched to a 1020  we will see what happens with this one

Message 7 of 7 (6,323 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.