Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2013
12:01:37 PM
Nokia 2520 not in stock but ATT says "you get them in about a week" - pure lies

Here is my ordeal:

I placed an order at the ATT store in Hacketstown, NJ. Nice people but after you read below, they are "Used Car" salesmen.

I ordered 2 Nokia 2520's for my kids on Sat Dec, 21st. The salesman told me you should get them in about a week. So I told my kids in about a week their christmas present will arrive in the mail.

My order status says the devices should be shipping by Dec 24th - Dec27th. It is Dec 29th and the page still says the sames shipping dates.

So I called ATT @ 877.782.8870. Nice lady on the phone. she said the same thing on the website. she also added they DO NOT know when they'll be available. She could not tell me when I'll get them. she even called the store (at least she said she did) and no status. I asked her I want to file a complaint about this. she put me on hold, then she said she filed it. Probably lied too.

Anyway, ATT didn't do anything and told me II'll get them when available. They have not idea when they'll get them. by the way, my order still says "shipping by Dec 24th - Dec27th"

Then she transfered me to the Hacketstown, NJ store to also ask them about the orders. "David" picks up the call. I told him I am calling about the order status, he says: "We do not provide order status over the phone. You need to come in". That is a typical "car salesman" quote of telling you "I do not want to deal with it, all I care is about the initial sale". Typical.

When you tell a customer you get it in about a week, the customer is under the assumtion you have some in stock and that I have them reserved and coming as scheduled. But they do not check availability and talk out of their "bottom".

It happens to be that ATT DOES NOT tell you they do not have any in stock but they still tell you that you'll get it in about a week, just to make the sale. After some reseach (on this forum) eveyone gets lied to and some takes weeks to get them.

Now I have 2 kids crying becasue they do not have their present yet. Thanks ATT for liyng to your customers and making my kids christmas a sad one.

I'll be waiting a couple of days to see if a miracle happens and they appear. Oterhwise I'll be cancelling them, and ordering from Verizon. They do have real delivery dates and are competent in the ordering systems.

Here is my ordeal:

I placed an order at the ATT store in Hacketstown, NJ. Nice people but after you read below, they are "Used Car" salesmen.

I ordered 2 Nokia 2520's for my kids on Sat Dec, 21st. The salesman told me you should get them in about a week. So I told my kids in about a week their christmas present will arrive in the mail.

My order status says the devices should be shipping by Dec 24th - Dec27th. It is Dec 29th and the page still says the sames shipping dates.

So I called ATT @ 877.782.8870. Nice lady on the phone. she said the same thing on the website. she also added they DO NOT know when they'll be available. She could not tell me when I'll get them. she even called the store (at least she said she did) and no status. I asked her I want to file a complaint about this. she put me on hold, then she said she filed it. Probably lied too.

Anyway, ATT didn't do anything and told me II'll get them when available. They have not idea when they'll get them. by the way, my order still says "shipping by Dec 24th - Dec27th"

Then she transfered me to the Hacketstown, NJ store to also ask them about the orders. "David" picks up the call. I told him I am calling about the order status, he says: "We do not provide order status over the phone. You need to come in". That is a typical "car salesman" quote of telling you "I do not want to deal with it, all I care is about the initial sale". Typical.

When you tell a customer you get it in about a week, the customer is under the assumtion you have some in stock and that I have them reserved and coming as scheduled. But they do not check availability and talk out of their "bottom".

It happens to be that ATT DOES NOT tell you they do not have any in stock but they still tell you that you'll get it in about a week, just to make the sale. After some reseach (on this forum) eveyone gets lied to and some takes weeks to get them.

Now I have 2 kids crying becasue they do not have their present yet. Thanks ATT for liyng to your customers and making my kids christmas a sad one.

I'll be waiting a couple of days to see if a miracle happens and they appear. Oterhwise I'll be cancelling them, and ordering from Verizon. They do have real delivery dates and are competent in the ordering systems.

Nokia 2520 not in stock but ATT says "you get them in about a week" - pure lies

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 1:43:33 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:43:58 PM

Hello, thisproviderS-U-C-K-s!

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with your order. I know how frustrating it can be when an order date conflicts with a holiday. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, thisproviderS-U-C-K-s!

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with your order. I know how frustrating it can be when an order date conflicts with a holiday. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Nokia 2520 not in stock but ATT says "you get them in about a week" - pure lies

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (8,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 6:04:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

ATTMariana, 

I suspect you are a comuter putting these messages in the board becasue I seen the same message in other discussions. 

But anyway I sent you the order numbers via IM.  I dont want to talk to anyone else ATT, I just want the items delivered.

Everyone I spoke to at ATT gave me same "song and dance" without any answers. Lets see if you are different.

Thanks

ATTMariana, 

I suspect you are a comuter putting these messages in the board becasue I seen the same message in other discussions. 

But anyway I sent you the order numbers via IM.  I dont want to talk to anyone else ATT, I just want the items delivered.

Everyone I spoke to at ATT gave me same "song and dance" without any answers. Lets see if you are different.

Thanks

Re: Nokia 2520 not in stock but ATT says "you get them in about a week" - pure lies

3 of 9 (8,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 6:12:52 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello again, thisproviderS-U-C-K-s!

Thanks for your post. I understand your concern.

Any time we need to request sensitive information that cannot be displayed publicly, such as your order numbers or contact information, I ask users to please send us a private message. Private messages provide a more secure communication channel whereas the forum posts are available for public viewing.

Thank you for sending us a message. We will absolutely look into this for you, and find out what is going on with your order.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello again, thisproviderS-U-C-K-s!

Thanks for your post. I understand your concern.

Any time we need to request sensitive information that cannot be displayed publicly, such as your order numbers or contact information, I ask users to please send us a private message. Private messages provide a more secure communication channel whereas the forum posts are available for public viewing.

Thank you for sending us a message. We will absolutely look into this for you, and find out what is going on with your order.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (8,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 6:35:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Today I got the email below.  I still have not idea when we'll get them !!!

The only reason I bought 2 windows phones was to get this Nokia deal @ $199 last year !! 

Why did't ATT tell me they did not have any in stock ??  I asked them and the say, "yes, we have them and you'll get it in about week" 

Thank you for your recent purchase of order number .......

Due to the high demand, your device/accessory is not yet available for shipment.

To check the progress of your order, utilizing the order number above, please visit us at att.com/wirelessorderstatus or call us anytime at 877.782.8870 and enter ....... or the Wireless Number and Shipping Zip Code.

As soon as your order is ready you will receive an e-mail with your shipping and tracking information.

We appreciate your patience  (don't lie. It is part of your business plan to trap customers)

Today I got the email below.  I still have not idea when we'll get them !!!

The only reason I bought 2 windows phones was to get this Nokia deal @ $199 last year !! 

Why did't ATT tell me they did not have any in stock ??  I asked them and the say, "yes, we have them and you'll get it in about week" 

Thank you for your recent purchase of order number .......

Due to the high demand, your device/accessory is not yet available for shipment.

To check the progress of your order, utilizing the order number above, please visit us at att.com/wirelessorderstatus or call us anytime at 877.782.8870 and enter ....... or the Wireless Number and Shipping Zip Code.

As soon as your order is ready you will receive an e-mail with your shipping and tracking information.

We appreciate your patience  (don't lie. It is part of your business plan to trap customers)

5 of 9 (8,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 8:04:33 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

Have you had a chance to send us a private message yet?

If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so our team can help you.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, again!

Have you had a chance to send us a private message yet?

If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so our team can help you.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

6 of 9 (8,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 8:45:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, I sent it a few days ago.  

I just sent it to you again via the private link you send me.  

Yes, I sent it a few days ago.  

I just sent it to you again via the private link you send me.  

7 of 9 (8,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 2:48:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Today I got a call from CustomerService. I was mcuh aggrivated because she basically game me the same song.  After 5 minutes of me ranting about ATT and why they would sell me hardware they dont. 

The lady was really professional and basically there was nothing she can do. At least on the phone.  But it looks like she actually helped somehow.   About 1 hour later I finally got tracking numbers for the 2 Nokias.  Kudos to Lakeisha from ATT.

So after all her call was positive.  I'll come back and post back when I get the devices .. My kids are excite.

Great news, order ........ is on the way. Select the tracking number(s) below to follow its progress to your door.

To check the progress of your order, utilizing the order number above, please visit us at att.com/wirelessorderstatus or call us anytime at 877.782.8870 and enter 585292386 or the Wireless Number and Shipping Zip Code.

Today I got a call from CustomerService. I was mcuh aggrivated because she basically game me the same song.  After 5 minutes of me ranting about ATT and why they would sell me hardware they dont. 

The lady was really professional and basically there was nothing she can do. At least on the phone.  But it looks like she actually helped somehow.   About 1 hour later I finally got tracking numbers for the 2 Nokias.  Kudos to Lakeisha from ATT.

So after all her call was positive.  I'll come back and post back when I get the devices .. My kids are excite.

Great news, order ........ is on the way. Select the tracking number(s) below to follow its progress to your door.

To check the progress of your order, utilizing the order number above, please visit us at att.com/wirelessorderstatus or call us anytime at 877.782.8870 and enter 585292386 or the Wireless Number and Shipping Zip Code.

8 of 9 (8,066 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 6:46:30 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by thisproviderS-U-C-K-s on Jan 8, 2014 at 6:47:50 AM

My last update:  the tablets arrived Jan 8, 2014 (about 5 days late).  

Activating the device did not work as described.  You supposed to open this app, AttComplete to activate the device. It did not work (as I expected).  It was divided in multiple steps. the first step was to identify your account entering some info and you last 4 ssn digits. Everytime I pressed "Next", the form would clear and stay in the same page. I was not able to activate the devices. 

After calling ATT Support for about 1hr in the line, 3 different groups/people, I finally got the tables activated. 

Once everything was setup, the tablets are great and light. the kids lovet it. I setup windows Family Safety on them and now can control them via Outlook.com. 

I recommend if you are buying the ATT tablets, buy them directly from ATT online. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy them at the store and have them shipped to you.  ATT process is messed up.  

If you need to wait, buy them ATT online, not at the store (specifically at ATT store in Hackestown, NJ).  

My last update:  the tablets arrived Jan 8, 2014 (about 5 days late).  

Activating the device did not work as described.  You supposed to open this app, AttComplete to activate the device. It did not work (as I expected).  It was divided in multiple steps. the first step was to identify your account entering some info and you last 4 ssn digits. Everytime I pressed "Next", the form would clear and stay in the same page. I was not able to activate the devices. 

After calling ATT Support for about 1hr in the line, 3 different groups/people, I finally got the tables activated. 

Once everything was setup, the tablets are great and light. the kids lovet it. I setup windows Family Safety on them and now can control them via Outlook.com. 

I recommend if you are buying the ATT tablets, buy them directly from ATT online. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy them at the store and have them shipped to you.  ATT process is messed up.  

If you need to wait, buy them ATT online, not at the store (specifically at ATT store in Hackestown, NJ).  

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (7,743 Views)