Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 23, 2013
9:11:14 PM
View profile
No service/no pin sent

I received my go phone (which I ordered online) yesterday afternoon, and took it out with me to run errands and inspect coverage. I did not use the phone to text or call at all yesterday. Today, I got no service, regardless of where I was, even in locations where I had gotten 5 bars yesterday and marked as great coverage on the map. I received a text from at&t saying welcome to gophone and giving a url to go to for more information about the gophone, but no pin, which is necessary to add payment information online. I have a Huawei fusion and a $25 a month smart phone gophone plan. 

So I need these two questions answered:

1) What might have caused the complete lack of service? at&t's network being down across my entire area? My phone? something about my account?

2) If the above problem is caused by someting about my account and I need to access it, is there a way to get a pin other than by text? Because if I have absolutely no service, there is no way I can receive that text...

I received my go phone (which I ordered online) yesterday afternoon, and took it out with me to run errands and inspect coverage. I did not use the phone to text or call at all yesterday. Today, I got no service, regardless of where I was, even in locations where I had gotten 5 bars yesterday and marked as great coverage on the map. I received a text from at&t saying welcome to gophone and giving a url to go to for more information about the gophone, but no pin, which is necessary to add payment information online. I have a Huawei fusion and a $25 a month smart phone gophone plan. 

So I need these two questions answered:

1) What might have caused the complete lack of service? at&t's network being down across my entire area? My phone? something about my account?

2) If the above problem is caused by someting about my account and I need to access it, is there a way to get a pin other than by text? Because if I have absolutely no service, there is no way I can receive that text...

No service/no pin sent

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:04:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It very well could have been the network coverage being intermittent for some reason. As long as your SIM card was in the phone, you should have been able to see cellular service bars regardless if you had added money to your account or not.

I hope the issue has been solved by now!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It very well could have been the network coverage being intermittent for some reason. As long as your SIM card was in the phone, you should have been able to see cellular service bars regardless if you had added money to your account or not.

I hope the issue has been solved by now!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No service/no pin sent

2 of 4 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 4:42:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a go phone that I can't set up or fund.  I have not received a pin, and my phone number is not recognized by anyone at ATT. I check the tranfer status of my number, and it appears "Confirmed."    Why isn't my number recognized?

I have a go phone that I can't set up or fund.  I have not received a pin, and my phone number is not recognized by anyone at ATT. I check the tranfer status of my number, and it appears "Confirmed."    Why isn't my number recognized?

3 of 4 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:15:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

vnegron wrote:

Is your phone number being ported from another carrier to AT&T? There's a chance that it's still in the transfer process and has not been completely finished, yet. It seems strange that AT&T is unable to recognize your phone number. Give it a little more time to make sure that everything is set up correctly and ready to go. It should not take too long.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

vnegron wrote:

Is your phone number being ported from another carrier to AT&T? There's a chance that it's still in the transfer process and has not been completely finished, yet. It seems strange that AT&T is unable to recognize your phone number. Give it a little more time to make sure that everything is set up correctly and ready to go. It should not take too long.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (284 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments