Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2013
8:32:44 AM
No internet for HTC vivid

i just switched my HTC vivid to prepaid and everything is good, but i realized the internet doesn't work, it will turn on but its not actually turning on cuz when i go to the web it says i need a connection and that i should turn on my data witch i did, im stumped???

i just switched my HTC vivid to prepaid and everything is good, but i realized the internet doesn't work, it will turn on but its not actually turning on cuz when i go to the web it says i need a connection and that i should turn on my data witch i did, im stumped???

No internet for HTC vivid

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 11:44:06 AM
(0)
Expert

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

whcih pepaid plan do you have? Only the 60.00 plan is listed for smartphones w/ data

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

last i heard yo may have to go into a corproae store to get it setup

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

whcih pepaid plan do you have? Only the 60.00 plan is listed for smartphones w/ data

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

last i heard yo may have to go into a corproae store to get it setup

Re: No internet for HTC vivid

2 of 5 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 10:20:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes I did do it in the store they guy didn't even touch the phone he just said okay the did something on his note pad then asked for my I'd and said the total and said that everything was switched over. I have the 60 plan. It says I have 2gbs of data but when I turn the data on its like its not even on really even Tho the phone says it is. Cuts I hit the browser and its telling me to turn on my data.
Yes I did do it in the store they guy didn't even touch the phone he just said okay the did something on his note pad then asked for my I'd and said the total and said that everything was switched over. I have the 60 plan. It says I have 2gbs of data but when I turn the data on its like its not even on really even Tho the phone says it is. Cuts I hit the browser and its telling me to turn on my data.

3 of 5 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 4:55:21 AM
(0)
Expert

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

take it to a different corporate store

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

take it to a different corporate store

4 of 5 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 7:25:04 AM
(0)
Professor

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

Unfortunately, most in store reps are not trained for the technical aspects of setting up phones. Most of them just know how to plug the imei number in the system and turn the phone on. Moving a postpaid phone to prepaid requires changing the apn to the proper one for prepaid data service. You can manually enter this in the settings menu under mobile networks > access point names. Sorry, since I don't use prepaid, I don't have it to give to you, but you can call customer service to get the info. You may need to ask for technical support as most reps that answer the phone and deal with account issues won't even know what you are talking about. Alternately, you could try googling for it or if you know someone that has a prepaid phone, copy from it.

octobersbluesky13 wrote:

Unfortunately, most in store reps are not trained for the technical aspects of setting up phones. Most of them just know how to plug the imei number in the system and turn the phone on. Moving a postpaid phone to prepaid requires changing the apn to the proper one for prepaid data service. You can manually enter this in the settings menu under mobile networks > access point names. Sorry, since I don't use prepaid, I don't have it to give to you, but you can call customer service to get the info. You may need to ask for technical support as most reps that answer the phone and deal with account issues won't even know what you are talking about. Alternately, you could try googling for it or if you know someone that has a prepaid phone, copy from it.

5 of 5 (759 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments