No cell service in house + no help from customer svc=frustrated customer

Contributor

No cell service in house + no help from customer svc=frustrated customer

Just about ready to switch back to sprint. Tried numerous times to call AT&T....wait time was ridiculous. Completed online chat with technical support and was supposed to hear back by today. Nothing. Having to go outside on our driveway just to get service is getting old!!! Wishing I wouldn't have switched. Online chat lady suggested cell tower for $200. Why should I have to buy that when I pay $240 a month for "cell service"???
Message 1 of 5 (769 Views)
Expert

Re: No cell service in house + no help from customer svc=frustrated customer

Kennedycrew wrote:
Just about ready to switch back to sprint. Tried numerous times to call AT&T....wait time was ridiculous. Completed online chat with technical support and was supposed to hear back by today. Nothing. Having to go outside on our driveway just to get service is getting old!!! Wishing I wouldn't have switched. Online chat lady suggested cell tower for $200. Why should I have to buy that when I pay $240 a month for "cell service"???

Are you sure she didn't suggest a Microcell??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 5 (744 Views)
Professor

Neither AT&T or any other carrier will guarantee service inside a residence or any other building. There are too many variables to ensure service. That's one reason you have a 14 day buyers remorse period, to make sure you're able to get service where you need it. If the microcell isn't an acceptable solution, there's not much else anyone can do.

Message 3 of 5 (710 Views)
Community Support

Hi Kennedycrew,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to look into the coverage at your address.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 5 (669 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Just allow them to do their troubleshooting. Make sure you are near or in your house during this time perferably using a landline, they will ask you to power-cycle atleast once. If they go through the troubleshooting on their end and could not solve their issue, id recommend getting a MicroCell. Ask them politly if they can help you out with purchasing it, possibly giving you some credit towards your next bill. Though if you have recieved several credits already this will be less likely to happen.

Message 5 of 5 (531 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.