No SIM detected when I recharge my phone

Scholar

No SIM detected when I recharge my phone

Almost every time I plug in my phone to recharge, it will then tell me "no sim" and I have to turn it off and back on for the SIM to be detected.  I never had this problem with my 4, just now that I have the 5S.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (478 Views)
Master

Re: No SIM detected when I recharge my phone

Is there a chance that your SIM card is not fitted in the SIM tray properly or that the tray is not pressed down into the phone all the way? IIRC, is should make a "click" sound when it's fully inserted into the phone.

If you have had the phone for less than 14 days from the original date of purchase, I would consider returning or exchanging it. You may need to make an appointment with Apple to have the phone looked at and tested in one of their store locations.

As a last resort, you might want to consider getting a new SIM card from a corporate AT&T store.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)
Teacher

if you purchased the device from a store definetly go check in with them as long as you got the phone recently they may be able to fix the problem for you

If you got it online try contact the seller

Message 3 of 4 (377 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

My daughter installed it for me.  I'll take it up to our local store and have them check it for me.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.