No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

Contributor

No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

I have talked with a chat tech and their manager and sent something to AT&T customer support about the phones i purchase from att. I paid $530 for an IPhone5s and to 5c's. the 5c's were $99 each from att and found them at Wal-Mart that they were selling to att for $45. I asked the 3 people I communicated with if they can price match and all 3 said no. Then I asked could they remove the $35 activation fees for the 3 phones instead and again I got nope sorry to see you go...after 15 years. Now I have to return all 3 phones and get charge 35 a piece for restocking fees. So after more than 15 years of being a customer i will have to leave att because they have too many customers to worry about providing good customer service. I guess it won’t even bother them that they will be losing $10,500+ in 2 years’ time plus future contracts with them and me passing by web and word of mouth to stay away. Very sad to see and deal with. I told the manager it was sad and he said yes it is...Is there anything else I can help with? Buyers beware
Jason L: I am sorry we don't offer price matching.Wes: ok. i will start the process on cancelling the 2yr contracts on each of the phones and after 15 yrs moving to a different carrierWes: thats sad over $100Wes: I will save our conversation and i appreciate you timeJason L: I agree.Jason L: If you change your mind please let us know and we'll be happy to explain what we offer. Â Do you have any other questions or concerns today?

Message 1 of 9 (615 Views)
Employee

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

So... you're leaving AT&T because they wouldn't do price-matching (no carrier does this as far as I know) and they didn't waive the activation fee that every (new and existing) customer has to pay every time they receive a new phone? Smiley Sad

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9 (608 Views)
Employee

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

Although it is upsetting to see a long time customer go, we have never price matched other stores prices. Other carriers carry the same policy in their company stores.

 

Every customer has to pay for the upgrade fee. Heck even AT&T employees pay for it. It helps pay for the subsidy, and funds the expansion of our network. That shiny new LTE is all thanks to upgrade fees! Smiley Very Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (568 Views)
Expert

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

[ Edited ]

mgbstyle65 wrote:

I have talked with a chat tech and their manager and sent something to AT&T customer support about the phones i purchase from att. I paid $530 for an IPhone5s and to 5c's. the 5c's were $99 each from att and found them at Wal-Mart that they were selling to att for $45. I asked the 3 people I communicated with if they can price match and all 3 said no. Then I asked could they remove the $35 activation fees for the 3 phones instead and again I got nope sorry to see you go...after 15 years. Now I have to return all 3 phones and get charge 35 a piece for restocking fees. So after more than 15 years of being a customer i will have to leave att because they have too many customers to worry about providing good customer service. I guess it won’t even bother them that they will be losing $10,500+ in 2 years’ time plus future contracts with them and me passing by web and word of mouth to stay away. Very sad to see and deal with. I told the manager it was sad and he said yes it is...Is there anything else I can help with? Buyers beware
Jason L: I am sorry we don't offer price matching.Wes: ok. i will start the process on cancelling the 2yr contracts on each of the phones and after 15 yrs moving to a different carrierWes: thats sad over $100Wes: I will save our conversation and i appreciate you timeJason L: I agree.Jason L: If you change your mind please let us know and we'll be happy to explain what we offer. Â Do you have any other questions or concerns today?


What you were told was correct...even online pricing from ATT and in the brick and mortar stores cannot be price matched. All I can say is, you should have shopped around first before making your final purchase. 

 

The upgrade fee is $36...not $35. 

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Message 4 of 9 (547 Views)
Professor

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

[ Edited ]

Dcookie wrote:


What you were told was correct...even online pricing from ATT and in the brick and mortar stores cannot be price matched. All I can say is, you should have shopped around first before making your final purchase. 

 

The upgrade fee is $36...not $35. 


Was this a carryover from Cingular?  When I first came to an AT&T Wireless store, they price-matched the AT&T Wireless online price with no problem.  I could have sworn that the same thing happened when I upgraded back in 2007 after Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless, but I'm not sure on that one.

Message 5 of 9 (521 Views)
Expert

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough


21stNow wrote:

Dcookie wrote:


What you were told was correct...even online pricing from ATT and in the brick and mortar stores cannot be price matched. All I can say is, you should have shopped around first before making your final purchase. 

 

The upgrade fee is $36...not $35. 


Was this a carryover from Cingular?  When I first came to an AT&T Wireless store, they price-matched the AT&T Wireless online price with no problem.  I could have sworn that the same thing happened when I upgraded back in 2007 after Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless, but I'm not sure on that one.


never seen them price maatch other authorzied retailers

Message 6 of 9 (509 Views)
Teacher

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

@mgbstyle65 You made the choice as to the phones you purchased as well as where they were purchased from. The prices were clear and the $36 upgrade fee was upfront. I'm failing to see what it is that AT&T did that is now causing you to leave after 15yrs...........

 

I understand that you may be upset with yourself now knowing had you shopped around you could have found the phones at a lower price and still gotten AT&T service. SCORE!! Hind sight is 20/20. 

Forgive me, my intention is not to offend you, but based on the information you have provided in this post it appears that you have displaced anger because after the fact you found what you feel is a better deal, called AT&T demanding they give you what you want price match/remove upgrade fee OR ELSE you are leaving. I teach my kids to be accountable for their own actions and to understand consequences based on their own decisions. 

 

Message 7 of 9 (507 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

@21stNow when I was looking online for my LG Shine, quite awhile back, the online price was different than the brick and mortar store. I asked if they would match the online price and I was told that they, AT&T, does not do that... What is online and in the store are 2 different things. Who knows it may have since changed??? I suppose it's worth asking about.

Also, it had nothing to do with the name change.

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Message 8 of 9 (503 Views)
Employee

Re: No AT&T doesn't value their existing or new customers. I guess they have enough

Yeah, unfortunately they cannot price-match the on-line prices with the store prices.  (We actually get this a lot, and I do feel bad about it!)

 

Sometimes there's on-line only deals where you can get Device A for $99.99  but in the store it's $149.99...  And the store won't be able to get you that $99.99 deal. Smiley Sad  (It also goes the other way around!)

 

I always shop around before I make a puchase.  The phone I have now in most places was priced over $200.  I was able to get it for $150. (The same goes for shoes! Robot wink)

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 9 (499 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.