Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2013
11:22:08 AM
View profile
Nightmare Trying to Open an account

So here is my story

I have been with Verizon for 15 plus years (Since the company name was Primeco)- Over the years I have added persons to my account, wife, parents, etc... Now I am getting a new phone for my daughter and I made the decision to change my family plan to ATT- Partly because of pricing and phones

I purchased 5 new phones from Walmart- I purchased the phones last monday online- I received an email from ATT with my account number and I thought everything was going smooth- The phones arrived last Thursday- Since then I have been trying to get my account active with ATT and it's been a NIGHTMARE!!- Several calls, a visit to a store and 2 faxes later- I still dont have ATT service- The Fraud dept keeps insisting that my accunt is fraudulent- I have faxed my ID to prove my identity and my utility bill to prove my address.

What else can I do?? Other than staying with Verizon?

Help!!

So here is my story

I have been with Verizon for 15 plus years (Since the company name was Primeco)- Over the years I have added persons to my account, wife, parents, etc... Now I am getting a new phone for my daughter and I made the decision to change my family plan to ATT- Partly because of pricing and phones

I purchased 5 new phones from Walmart- I purchased the phones last monday online- I received an email from ATT with my account number and I thought everything was going smooth- The phones arrived last Thursday- Since then I have been trying to get my account active with ATT and it's been a NIGHTMARE!!- Several calls, a visit to a store and 2 faxes later- I still dont have ATT service- The Fraud dept keeps insisting that my accunt is fraudulent- I have faxed my ID to prove my identity and my utility bill to prove my address.

What else can I do?? Other than staying with Verizon?

Help!!

Nightmare Trying to Open an account

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 11:52:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, DDEVARON!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time transitioning your lines. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to know your AT&T account number, that would be helpful, too.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything else I can do or if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, DDEVARON!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time transitioning your lines. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to know your AT&T account number, that would be helpful, too.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything else I can do or if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Nightmare Trying to Open an account

2 of 3 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:50:39 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi DDEVARON,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi DDEVARON,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Nightmare Trying to Open an account

3 of 3 (197 Views)