Nightmare Trying to Open an account

Contributor

Nightmare Trying to Open an account

So here is my story

I have been with Verizon for 15 plus years (Since the company name was Primeco)- Over the years I have added persons to my account, wife, parents, etc... Now I am getting a new phone for my daughter and I made the decision to change my family plan to ATT- Partly because of pricing and phones

I purchased 5 new phones from Walmart- I purchased the phones last monday online- I received an email from ATT with my account number and I thought everything was going smooth- The phones arrived last Thursday- Since then I have been trying to get my account active with ATT and it's been a NIGHTMARE!!- Several calls, a visit to a store and 2 faxes later- I still dont have ATT service- The Fraud dept keeps insisting that my accunt is fraudulent- I have faxed my ID to prove my identity and my utility bill to prove my address.

What else can I do?? Other than staying with Verizon?

Help!!

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Nightmare Trying to Open an account

Hello, DDEVARON!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time transitioning your lines. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to know your AT&T account number, that would be helpful, too.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything else I can do or if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Community Support

Re: Nightmare Trying to Open an account

Hi DDEVARON,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support