Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2013
4:43:48 PM
Next Program Aside, I think the upgrade change will hurt AT&T

I have no interest in the Next program. I don't need to have the latest and greatest and trade my phone in. I do, however like having a fairly new phone every 20 months. I've been with AT&T since before the Cingular days and I've always liked getting a new phone a tad early, even though it renews my 2 year contract. Heck I even enjoyed a couple upgrades at the year mark when they offered that program. Now that I have to wait until my contract is over, its a different story. I moved last year to an area with horrible signal. But I was willing to sign on for another 2 years since my wife and I spend more time out or at work so the signal issue wasn't a deal breaker. However now that my contract will be up and I don't have the ETF looming over me, I'll be free to pursue another carrier with better signal at my house. Especially since I won't have to lose my #'s doing that. I just think they jumped the shark by changing it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will do the same thing. I mean its 4 months, give the customer a little treat and they'll sign on for another 2 years. I've been doing that for years, but now that I can leave, I just might. Thanks AT&T Smiley Tongue

I have no interest in the Next program. I don't need to have the latest and greatest and trade my phone in. I do, however like having a fairly new phone every 20 months. I've been with AT&T since before the Cingular days and I've always liked getting a new phone a tad early, even though it renews my 2 year contract. Heck I even enjoyed a couple upgrades at the year mark when they offered that program. Now that I have to wait until my contract is over, its a different story. I moved last year to an area with horrible signal. But I was willing to sign on for another 2 years since my wife and I spend more time out or at work so the signal issue wasn't a deal breaker. However now that my contract will be up and I don't have the ETF looming over me, I'll be free to pursue another carrier with better signal at my house. Especially since I won't have to lose my #'s doing that. I just think they jumped the shark by changing it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will do the same thing. I mean its 4 months, give the customer a little treat and they'll sign on for another 2 years. I've been doing that for years, but now that I can leave, I just might. Thanks AT&T Smiley Tongue

Next Program Aside, I think the upgrade change will hurt AT&T

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 7:23:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Well AT&T doesn't really lose money on the Next Program because there is no subsidy. Smiley Wink The subscriber would be responsible for full payment of the device.

I'm very sorry to hear AT&T isn't working out for you in your current area. However, all carriers (with T-Mobile being the exception), all require that contracts be completed (24 months). AT&T used to have the best benefit with upgrades being allowed at 20 months but that has now changed. I hope you can find a good carrier that works for you, and if you ever want to return to the family, we will all be waiting Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Well AT&T doesn't really lose money on the Next Program because there is no subsidy. Smiley Wink The subscriber would be responsible for full payment of the device.

I'm very sorry to hear AT&T isn't working out for you in your current area. However, all carriers (with T-Mobile being the exception), all require that contracts be completed (24 months). AT&T used to have the best benefit with upgrades being allowed at 20 months but that has now changed. I hope you can find a good carrier that works for you, and if you ever want to return to the family, we will all be waiting Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Next Program Aside, I think the upgrade change will hurt AT&T

2 of 2 (703 Views)