Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 19, 2014
6:53:42 PM
View profile
Newly switched to AT&T internet, iphone will not accept the wireless network

Yesterday I switched my internet to AT&T.  I purchased an Actiontec DSL wireless modum. 

All of the laptops in the house are now on the new network, but my roommate's iPhone 5s will not accept the new network.   Has anyone encountered this issue before? 

Yesterday I switched my internet to AT&T.  I purchased an Actiontec DSL wireless modum. 

All of the laptops in the house are now on the new network, but my roommate's iPhone 5s will not accept the new network.   Has anyone encountered this issue before? 

Newly switched to AT&T internet, iphone will not accept the wireless network

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 1:17:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The few times I have seen when a computer could connect to a wifi network, but an iPhone couldn't, a simple reboot of the wireless router solved the problem. I can't guarantee this will solve your problems, but it is a good starting point.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
The few times I have seen when a computer could connect to a wifi network, but an iPhone couldn't, a simple reboot of the wireless router solved the problem. I can't guarantee this will solve your problems, but it is a good starting point.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Newly switched to AT&T internet, iphone will not accept the wireless network

2 of 4 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 8:12:35 PM
(0)
Master

northbynorthwest wrote:

I have had issues at my parents place.  They have u-verse so I am not sure what modem they are using?  Their modem is in the basement and the signal can get sketchy on the main floor.  I don't know if  it is normal but I do not think you are alone on this one....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

northbynorthwest wrote:

I have had issues at my parents place.  They have u-verse so I am not sure what modem they are using?  Their modem is in the basement and the signal can get sketchy on the main floor.  I don't know if  it is normal but I do not think you are alone on this one....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Newly switched to AT&T internet, iphone will not accept the wireless network

3 of 4 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 9:07:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I wouldn't say it's "normal" but it is more common than many would prefer.  I personally don't have issues with my wifi signal coverage in my home.  I put the RG in the basement, and the main floor has good coverage, and I have decent coverage on the second floor as well.  For a while I was using an old wifi router as a secondary WAP, but when it died, I never replaced it because the 2Wire 3600 in my basement is working "good enough" for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

I wouldn't say it's "normal" but it is more common than many would prefer.  I personally don't have issues with my wifi signal coverage in my home.  I put the RG in the basement, and the main floor has good coverage, and I have decent coverage on the second floor as well.  For a while I was using an old wifi router as a secondary WAP, but when it died, I never replaced it because the 2Wire 3600 in my basement is working "good enough" for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (302 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments