Posted Aug 28, 2013
8:10:32 AM
View profile
New website and phone book! Not happy!!

I am very upset, the phone book did not transfer over to the new usage format on the website. To top that off you have to enter it while viewing talk and again to view text. It didn't save anything for me.

Checking the current usage is one thing I loved about the website. Now I'm just angry.

Are you going to fix this?

:womanmad:

I am very upset, the phone book did not transfer over to the new usage format on the website. To top that off you have to enter it while viewing talk and again to view text. It didn't save anything for me.

Checking the current usage is one thing I loved about the website. Now I'm just angry.

New website and phone book! Not happy!!

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 11:34:14 AM
(0)
Professor

kjs215 wrote:

I came here to gripe about the same thing. I am not happy about the change with phonebook at all!! Phonebook for me is just for quick reference when on the site, so I only entered what was needed for a name display, in replacement the number. This was the alias field. Now for "nickname" it is pulling from the name field instead of the alias field, so now I see no names at all. Whomever made this design change was not thinking at all. Hopefully, they will have a fix soon.

kjs215 wrote:

I came here to gripe about the same thing. I am not happy about the change with phonebook at all!! Phonebook for me is just for quick reference when on the site, so I only entered what was needed for a name display, in replacement the number. This was the alias field. Now for "nickname" it is pulling from the name field instead of the alias field, so now I see no names at all. Whomever made this design change was not thinking at all. Hopefully, they will have a fix soon.

Re: New website and phone book! Not happy!!

2 of 7 (1,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 1:38:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

It didn't even pull from the name field on mine. I keep putting in the "nicknames" and it keeps losing it. I put it in on the talk page then I click text and its gone already. MAD MAD MAD!!

It didn't even pull from the name field on mine. I keep putting in the "nicknames" and it keeps losing it. I put it in on the talk page then I click text and its gone already. MAD MAD MAD!!

3 of 7 (1,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 1:40:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

'Im with everybody. I contacted AT&T yesterday about. Said you can't see all the numbers and the ones I have names for don't even show. Not happy either. I see other people have the same issue but don't think AT&T see's it here. They might. I don't know so that's why I contacted them and aired my concern.

'Im with everybody. I contacted AT&T yesterday about. Said you can't see all the numbers and the ones I have names for don't even show. Not happy either. I see other people have the same issue but don't think AT&T see's it here. They might. I don't know so that's why I contacted them and aired my concern.

4 of 7 (1,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 6:30:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

Been with ATT 20+ years, and this is absolutely the WORST so-called improvement they have ever made.

Everything that all of the above have stated. Nicknames (aliases) gone...put them in, gone again. Spent about 40 minutes in chat with 3 different reps the first day. The first one told me there were a lot of complaints being taken that morning about the new format.

You would think that after hearing all the complaints, something would be done, but no.

I'm sure the pricing will go up and no changes to the format will be made. In other words, suck it up and pay us more. 

I think it's time to look for another carrier with a more competitive family plan and better data packages (that's another story).

ATT is following the 'comcast greed' parade.

Been with ATT 20+ years, and this is absolutely the WORST so-called improvement they have ever made.

Everything that all of the above have stated. Nicknames (aliases) gone...put them in, gone again. Spent about 40 minutes in chat with 3 different reps the first day. The first one told me there were a lot of complaints being taken that morning about the new format.

You would think that after hearing all the complaints, something would be done, but no.

I'm sure the pricing will go up and no changes to the format will be made. In other words, suck it up and pay us more. 

I think it's time to look for another carrier with a more competitive family plan and better data packages (that's another story).

ATT is following the 'comcast greed' parade.

5 of 7 (1,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 10:50:50 AM
(0)
Employee

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
We were having calls like this all day !

I missed AT&T Messages . .

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
We were having calls like this all day !

I missed AT&T Messages . .

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 9:42:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Here's a update. Good news and some bad news. Of course AT&T won't tell you it's up to us to communicate to each other. Now as of yesterday I can put a name to the number and it saves. What you have to do is if a number is not shown in the column click numbers then they'll all show. The phonebook doesn't automatically transfer over with the new web design and don't know if it ever will. U'll have to physcially compare the number with your phonebook. If that number matches with what you have in your  phonebook click on that number. It then will ask you for a nickname. Put that name in and save entry then It'll be there when you open the page up the next time.

Here's a update. Good news and some bad news. Of course AT&T won't tell you it's up to us to communicate to each other. Now as of yesterday I can put a name to the number and it saves. What you have to do is if a number is not shown in the column click numbers then they'll all show. The phonebook doesn't automatically transfer over with the new web design and don't know if it ever will. U'll have to physcially compare the number with your phonebook. If that number matches with what you have in your  phonebook click on that number. It then will ask you for a nickname. Put that name in and save entry then It'll be there when you open the page up the next time.

7 of 7 (1,487 Views)