Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 13, 2013
2:21:03 PM
View profile
New replacement Nokia Lumia 820 just came in the mail today, but NO SERVICE???
Edited by monotonebbb on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:24:11 PM

I recently lost my Nokia Lumia 820 phone. AT&T said it was covered, and sent me a replacement phone that just came in the mail today. So I started it up, went through all the setup, but I noticed that I couldn't log into my Windows Live account because there was no service. So I just went "whatever" and moved around a bit and let it do its thing while I changed some setting... but there was still no service!

So I restarted the phone. Nothing changed. I took out the battery and SIM card. Nothing changed. I made sure there was no spare plastic stuck to the phone. I RESET the phone. And still, I have the same issue. The bars are all empty, and there's that darned circle-with-a-line-through-it in front of them, and that hasn't changed once since I first turned the phone on. But the weird thing is, I managed to connect to my house's wifi. AND, AT&T sent me one of those texts inviting me to check out some extra services for the phone, etc. Which makes no sense because there's no service (unless those messages are automatically built into the phone, idk). How the heck do I fix this without having to drive over to the AT&T store?

EDIT: Also, under the little phone icon on the dashboard thing, it says "SIM invalid." They DID have to send me a new SIM card, but what's wrong with it?

I recently lost my Nokia Lumia 820 phone. AT&T said it was covered, and sent me a replacement phone that just came in the mail today. So I started it up, went through all the setup, but I noticed that I couldn't log into my Windows Live account because there was no service. So I just went "whatever" and moved around a bit and let it do its thing while I changed some setting... but there was still no service!

So I restarted the phone. Nothing changed. I took out the battery and SIM card. Nothing changed. I made sure there was no spare plastic stuck to the phone. I RESET the phone. And still, I have the same issue. The bars are all empty, and there's that darned circle-with-a-line-through-it in front of them, and that hasn't changed once since I first turned the phone on. But the weird thing is, I managed to connect to my house's wifi. AND, AT&T sent me one of those texts inviting me to check out some extra services for the phone, etc. Which makes no sense because there's no service (unless those messages are automatically built into the phone, idk). How the heck do I fix this without having to drive over to the AT&T store?

EDIT: Also, under the little phone icon on the dashboard thing, it says "SIM invalid." They DID have to send me a new SIM card, but what's wrong with it?

New replacement Nokia Lumia 820 just came in the mail today, but NO SERVICE???

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 6:32:09 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello monotonebbb, welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry you're having problems with your phone. The SIM card just needs to be activated, try calling AT&T at 1-800-331-0500 to activate it. They will ask for the SIM cars number, after that restart your phone. If it's still no working, it's possible that the SIM card is defective, any corporate AT&T store will replace it for you for free or AT&T can mail you another one.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello monotonebbb, welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry you're having problems with your phone. The SIM card just needs to be activated, try calling AT&T at 1-800-331-0500 to activate it. They will ask for the SIM cars number, after that restart your phone. If it's still no working, it's possible that the SIM card is defective, any corporate AT&T store will replace it for you for free or AT&T can mail you another one.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New replacement Nokia Lumia 820 just came in the mail today, but NO SERVICE???

2 of 4 (10,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 3:34:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you! I'll try that tomorrow.

Thank you! I'll try that tomorrow.

Re: New replacement Nokia Lumia 820 just came in the mail today, but NO SERVICE???

3 of 4 (10,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 8:20:40 AM
(0)
Community Manager

You're welcomeSmiley Happy Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

You're welcomeSmiley Happy Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (10,610 Views)