Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 4, 2013
9:34:21 AM
View profile
New gophone plans for iPhone4?
I have the iphone 4 and I got it on the prepaid network for at&t. I was getting the 250 min and buying the 1g of data for $25 each. But they just recently changed everything so you are unable to do that now and made it so the actual packages are better deals i think its $60 now for 500 min and 2 gigs. I was just wondering do the prepaid packages even work for the iphone if you buy them? Or what do you suggest. Help please!!!
I have the iphone 4 and I got it on the prepaid network for at&t. I was getting the 250 min and buying the 1g of data for $25 each. But they just recently changed everything so you are unable to do that now and made it so the actual packages are better deals i think its $60 now for 500 min and 2 gigs. I was just wondering do the prepaid packages even work for the iphone if you buy them? Or what do you suggest. Help please!!!

New gophone plans for iPhone4?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:01:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Jul 7, 2013 at 8:03:23 PM

We have the same phone and the same plan. Haha.

It's actually $40 for 500 minutes, unlimited text, and 200MB of data. It's $60 for unlimited minutes, text, and 2GB of data.

I do not use a data plan on my iPhone, but I would suspect that data does work now, since AT&T has "officially" started to support the usage of iPhones on their GoPhone plans.

If you are still on the $25/monthly plan, you can test out to see if data works by buying a $5 50MB data package. If it works, then great, you have 50MB of data to use! If it does not seem to be working, it wouldn't be as big of a waste as buying a larger data allotment for more money. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

We have the same phone and the same plan. Haha.

It's actually $40 for 500 minutes, unlimited text, and 200MB of data. It's $60 for unlimited minutes, text, and 2GB of data.

I do not use a data plan on my iPhone, but I would suspect that data does work now, since AT&T has "officially" started to support the usage of iPhones on their GoPhone plans.

If you are still on the $25/monthly plan, you can test out to see if data works by buying a $5 50MB data package. If it works, then great, you have 50MB of data to use! If it does not seem to be working, it wouldn't be as big of a waste as buying a larger data allotment for more money. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New gophone plans for iPhone4?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (2,585 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 1:43:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

The $60 is not much cheaper than postpaid, logically it will work on any smart phone including iPhone.

The $60 is not much cheaper than postpaid, logically it will work on any smart phone including iPhone.

3 of 5 (2,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 3:02:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

I purchased the 1GB package for $25 last month, and it worked fine on my iPhone 4. Went to renew, and the package structure has changed. 1GB is now $10, but I'm unable to purchase it. I get a message saying that I must upgrade to the $40/mo SmartPhone plan to buy that package, and the next one down! The only data package available for me to purchase is 50MB for $5.

This really stinks. How can they just change the rules like that?

I purchased the 1GB package for $25 last month, and it worked fine on my iPhone 4. Went to renew, and the package structure has changed. 1GB is now $10, but I'm unable to purchase it. I get a message saying that I must upgrade to the $40/mo SmartPhone plan to buy that package, and the next one down! The only data package available for me to purchase is 50MB for $5.

4 of 5 (2,267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 4:55:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Errant wrote:

You're right, it does stink! AT&T hands changed their GoPhone plans quite often lately...it seems as though they can't make up their mind sometimes. Unfortunately, in your case, you don't have any other choice but to either purchase the $5 50MB data package or upgrade to the $40/monthly plan. Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Errant wrote:

You're right, it does stink! AT&T hands changed their GoPhone plans quite often lately...it seems as though they can't make up their mind sometimes. Unfortunately, in your case, you don't have any other choice but to either purchase the $5 50MB data package or upgrade to the $40/monthly plan. Smiley Indifferent

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (2,243 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments