Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 18, 2014
7:33:20 PM
View profile
New Samsung a157 Gophone will not make any calls, including to refill

I just bought a Samsung a157 Gophone and it is not working properly. I've searched around online and did not find answers, and I called Samsung's customer service only to find that they only have an automated system for non-contracted customers.

To activate the phone, I inserted the SIM Card as shown in the instructions, charged the battery to full power, and then tried to dial 611 to enter the PIN Number on my refill card.

The phone began to make the call, but stopped immediately before making any dialing noises, and gave me a message, "Call ended."

Nothing I know how to do will change that.

I've tried calling the 800-352-4071 number.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in the *888*PIN NUMBER# etc. method.

And the package is already opened...

I just bought a Samsung a157 Gophone and it is not working properly. I've searched around online and did not find answers, and I called Samsung's customer service only to find that they only have an automated system for non-contracted customers.

To activate the phone, I inserted the SIM Card as shown in the instructions, charged the battery to full power, and then tried to dial 611 to enter the PIN Number on my refill card.

The phone began to make the call, but stopped immediately before making any dialing noises, and gave me a message, "Call ended."

Nothing I know how to do will change that.

I've tried calling the 800-352-4071 number.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in the *888*PIN NUMBER# etc. method.

And the package is already opened...

New Samsung a157 Gophone will not make any calls, including to refill

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 5:17:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Feb 19, 2014 at 5:24:49 PM

When adding money through the *888*PIN# method, there is actually no need to dial 611. 

On your prepaid airtime refill card, scratch off the gray scratch off box with a coin or some other object if you haven't done so already. Next, dial *888* and even enter your PIN number. The first three digits of the PIN number usually begins with 211. After you have finished entering the 12-14 digit PIN number, press #, and then your phone's SEND button to complete the transaction.

Your phone screen should look like *888*211X XXX XXX# before pressing the SEND key to make the call. Your phone will then process the request and you should have money to use in your account. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

When adding money through the *888*PIN# method, there is actually no need to dial 611. 

On your prepaid airtime refill card, scratch off the gray scratch off box with a coin or some other object if you haven't done so already. Next, dial *888* and even enter your PIN number. The first three digits of the PIN number usually begins with 211. After you have finished entering the 12-14 digit PIN number, press #, and then your phone's SEND button to complete the transaction.

Your phone screen should look like *888*211X XXX XXX# before pressing the SEND key to make the call. Your phone will then process the request and you should have money to use in your account. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New Samsung a157 Gophone will not make any calls, including to refill

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (301 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments