Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 5, 2014
12:56:27 AM
View profile
New Phones: You are not allowed to call this number

I just activated and added $25.00 to each phone. Neither one can send or receive calls, from each other, or any number for that matter. I am hoping this is simply a matter of the credit card needing to be verified before final activation, or something like DNS propagation. However, it would be nice if we could be given some expectation of when service would begin, or if it really isn't working, why it isn't working. 

I just activated and added $25.00 to each phone. Neither one can send or receive calls, from each other, or any number for that matter. I am hoping this is simply a matter of the credit card needing to be verified before final activation, or something like DNS propagation. However, it would be nice if we could be given some expectation of when service would begin, or if it really isn't working, why it isn't working. 

New Phones: You are not allowed to call this number

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:02:42 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @KUppiano 

What plan did you select? The message you're getting means there is no balance on the phone or plan is expired. Try resetting your phones by removing the battery. Where did you buy them from?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @KUppiano 

What plan did you select? The message you're getting means there is no balance on the phone or plan is expired. Try resetting your phones by removing the battery. Where did you buy them from?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New Phones: You are not allowed to call this number

2 of 6 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:17:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I selected the $2.00/day plan and added $25.00 to both phones with the keep full option. I assume if those options are not compatible, that the website would tell me. Otherwise, the phones should be provisioned. 

Checking my credit card history, it appears that AT&T billed the card at $0.00 for each phone (presumably to validate the card). If the plans are depleted, why don't they fill them now? They have the account information.

I selected the $2.00/day plan and added $25.00 to both phones with the keep full option. I assume if those options are not compatible, that the website would tell me. Otherwise, the phones should be provisioned. 

Checking my credit card history, it appears that AT&T billed the card at $0.00 for each phone (presumably to validate the card). If the plans are depleted, why don't they fill them now? They have the account information.

3 of 6 (1,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:19:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I forgot to answer your question; I think my wife purchased them off the rack from Best Buy.

I forgot to answer your question; I think my wife purchased them off the rack from Best Buy.

4 of 6 (1,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:22:43 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Try dialing 611 from your cell phone, it should connect you with customer care (first set of options say more options, then customer service until it connects), that'll be your quickest solution. They will be able to verify your plan for you. If that doesn't work, please send us a private message by clicking here, with your name, phone numbers and the best time you can be reached, one of our managers will contact you within 2-3 business days to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Try dialing 611 from your cell phone, it should connect you with customer care (first set of options say more options, then customer service until it connects), that'll be your quickest solution. They will be able to verify your plan for you. If that doesn't work, please send us a private message by clicking here, with your name, phone numbers and the best time you can be reached, one of our managers will contact you within 2-3 business days to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:16:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
Dial *777# on your handset to check the acct balance?
Dial *777# on your handset to check the acct balance?

6 of 6 (1,572 Views)