Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 27, 2014
6:31:20 PM
View profile
New Phone Upgrade
Real quick question. ..Im not sure how this new thing AT&T is promoting works...we can invest monthly an additional 20-30$-ish and we can upgrade anytime? does that price include the upgrade phone or do we pay for the new phone plus the monthly fee? Thanks
Real quick question. ..Im not sure how this new thing AT&T is promoting works...we can invest monthly an additional 20-30$-ish and we can upgrade anytime? does that price include the upgrade phone or do we pay for the new phone plus the monthly fee? Thanks

New Phone Upgrade

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:46:55 PM
(0)
Guru

Hello islandbeachkevin,

I suspect you are referring to AT&T's Next?

AT&T Next is an installment plan that allows you to purchase a new device over 20 or 26 months. You pay the tax upfront and pay for the remaining balance of your devices in monthly installments. Any time after 12 or 18 months, you may trade in your smartphone for a new one. The unbilled balance for the original handset will be waived at trade in. If you decide to keep your device, after 20 or 26 months, no more installment payments are required.

You can find out more information here.

Hello islandbeachkevin,

I suspect you are referring to AT&T's Next?

AT&T Next is an installment plan that allows you to purchase a new device over 20 or 26 months. You pay the tax upfront and pay for the remaining balance of your devices in monthly installments. Any time after 12 or 18 months, you may trade in your smartphone for a new one. The unbilled balance for the original handset will be waived at trade in. If you decide to keep your device, after 20 or 26 months, no more installment payments are required.

You can find out more information here.

Re: New Phone Upgrade

2 of 3 (460 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 9:42:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Mar 28, 2014 at 9:56:36 AM

You also have the option of paying off the remainder of the payments in one go (at anytime), if you want to upgrade early or somethign similar, without needing to trade in.

-Alex

You also have the option of paying off the remainder of the payments in one go (at anytime), if you want to upgrade early or somethign similar, without needing to trade in.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New Phone Upgrade

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (408 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments