Posted Feb 2, 2014
9:41:12 AM
View profile
New Mobile Share Value Revisions

Sources/Links
www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html -> Mobile Share Value

or

www.myattrpc.com.

I don't think the core of the plan changed much, but I could be wrong since I haven't found a way to compare the old Mobile Share Value vs the new one, but I think, the biggest difference is that

Smartphones w/o a contract or under the AT&T Next program get an additional $10 discount when on $10gb or more.

That's gonna mean a lot of people on 6gb or 8gb being able to go up to 10gb for little or no price difference

-Alex

Sources/Links
www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html -> Mobile Share Value

or

www.myattrpc.com.

I don't think the core of the plan changed much, but I could be wrong since I haven't found a way to compare the old Mobile Share Value vs the new one, but I think, the biggest difference is that

Smartphones w/o a contract or under the AT&T Next program get an additional $10 discount when on $10gb or more.

That's gonna mean a lot of people on 6gb or 8gb being able to go up to 10gb for little or no price difference

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

New Mobile Share Value Revisions

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 11:49:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

yay!  for just the looong dark winter, I am upping my data limit.  I seem to have in a matter of days gone from 45% to 75% of my limit!  (with 2 more weeks to go).  In my case, its probably correct, I have been streaming music and browsing U-tube!  

I wish we could simply get charged for what we use every month instead of doing it this way, the last 3 months I only used half my data.

This is a very nice discount, it really amounts to 5 gigs more for free, if I look at it that way.

yay!  for just the looong dark winter, I am upping my data limit.  I seem to have in a matter of days gone from 45% to 75% of my limit!  (with 2 more weeks to go).  In my case, its probably correct, I have been streaming music and browsing U-tube!  

I wish we could simply get charged for what we use every month instead of doing it this way, the last 3 months I only used half my data.

This is a very nice discount, it really amounts to 5 gigs more for free, if I look at it that way.

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

Re: New Mobile Share Value Revisions

2 of 25 (1,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 4:23:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by guitargain on Feb 2, 2014 at 4:24:58 PM

I currently have the 6 gig plan with two smartphones and I pay $80 plus $40 per phone.  I called and talked to CS and confirmed that I could switch to the 10 gig plan for $100 plus $15 per phone for a savings of $30 per month.  I am currently under contract until January of 2015 on both phones.  They told me if I upgrade a phone then I would go back to paying $40 for the upgraded phone.

I currently have the 6 gig plan with two smartphones and I pay $80 plus $40 per phone.  I called and talked to CS and confirmed that I could switch to the 10 gig plan for $100 plus $15 per phone for a savings of $30 per month.  I am currently under contract until January of 2015 on both phones.  They told me if I upgrade a phone then I would go back to paying $40 for the upgraded phone.

[ Edited ]
3 of 25 (1,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 1:49:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have a question for someone from AT&T.  when I called and spoke to customer service here is what I was told.  I currently have two lines with smartphones with the 6 gig mobile share plan and it costs $160 per month before taxes.  I also have a fan discount of 17% which i understand only pertains to the data bucket part.  I am under contract on both phones until January 2015.  When I spoke to customer service I was told I could switch to the new 10 gig value plan and pay $130 before taxes and discount.  I also was told by CS on the phone that I could upgrade but if I do I will then have to return to paying $40 instead of $15.  Is that true?  If it is and I have to upgrade then I could go back to the 6 gig and pay what I am paying now provided the plan doesn't go up.  I have already switched my plan to the 10 gig value plan effective in 6 days at the end of my billing period.  The reason I am asking is I am seeing folks saying they were told a much different story by CS such as that they CANT upgrade and will HAVE to use the NEXT plan to get a new phone.  I have had a situation with CS where I was told 7 different things by 8 different CS people so I would like to know.

I have a question for someone from AT&T.  when I called and spoke to customer service here is what I was told.  I currently have two lines with smartphones with the 6 gig mobile share plan and it costs $160 per month before taxes.  I also have a fan discount of 17% which i understand only pertains to the data bucket part.  I am under contract on both phones until January 2015.  When I spoke to customer service I was told I could switch to the new 10 gig value plan and pay $130 before taxes and discount.  I also was told by CS on the phone that I could upgrade but if I do I will then have to return to paying $40 instead of $15.  Is that true?  If it is and I have to upgrade then I could go back to the 6 gig and pay what I am paying now provided the plan doesn't go up.  I have already switched my plan to the 10 gig value plan effective in 6 days at the end of my billing period.  The reason I am asking is I am seeing folks saying they were told a much different story by CS such as that they CANT upgrade and will HAVE to use the NEXT plan to get a new phone.  I have had a situation with CS where I was told 7 different things by 8 different CS people so I would like to know.

4 of 25 (1,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 4:34:04 PM
(0)
Former Employee

guitargain wrote:

Yes, that is true if you upgrade at the 2 year contract price. If you upgrade with the Next plan, the per phone charge stays at $15. 

guitargain wrote:

Yes, that is true if you upgrade at the 2 year contract price. If you upgrade with the Next plan, the per phone charge stays at $15. 

5 of 25 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 6:13:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks

Thanks

6 of 25 (1,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 7:46:30 AM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

curious on this, at the bottom of the page it has the following disclaimer

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=n3olIffjbxt

†† Pricing forValue plan w/ 10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus per smartphone pricing ($15/mo.) on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.

Doesn;t that contradict the statement?

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

†† Pricing forValue plan w/ 10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus per smartphone pricing ($15/mo.) on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.

7 of 25 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 9:45:43 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:57:33 AM

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Why do you think that is contradictory? "on no annual service contract" means out of contract and "on an installment agmt" means on the Next plan. In other words, if the phone is being paid for via the Next program or it is out of contract, it qualifies for the $15 access fee rate but if it is on a 2 year contract, then the access fee is $40.

However, in an effort to get customers on legacy plans to switch, it would appear they are giving the $15 access fee rate to a 10GB or higher mobile share plan even to phones that are still under contract, as long as the contract is prior to Feb 2:

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement

from: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=2a4Dz7V0QtS

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Why do you think that is contradictory? "on no annual service contract" means out of contract and "on an installment agmt" means on the Next plan. In other words, if the phone is being paid for via the Next program or it is out of contract, it qualifies for the $15 access fee rate but if it is on a 2 year contract, then the access fee is $40.

However, in an effort to get customers on legacy plans to switch, it would appear they are giving the $15 access fee rate to a 10GB or higher mobile share plan even to phones that are still under contract, as long as the contract is prior to Feb 2:

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement

[ Edited ]
8 of 25 (1,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 9:56:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

So then I was told by CS and on chat that even though I am in contract for both my iphones until January of 2015 I could still get the value plan with the phones costing $15 per month.  You are saying I can't?  I was told that I could do it, and if I use next or buy my own phone then I could stay at the $15 per phone per month, but if I upgraded using the regular subsidy THEN and only then I would have to revert to the $40 per phone per month.  How are we supposed to get real info when it seems that you get a different story from every CS person you talk to?

So then I was told by CS and on chat that even though I am in contract for both my iphones until January of 2015 I could still get the value plan with the phones costing $15 per month.  You are saying I can't?  I was told that I could do it, and if I use next or buy my own phone then I could stay at the $15 per phone per month, but if I upgraded using the regular subsidy THEN and only then I would have to revert to the $40 per phone per month.  How are we supposed to get real info when it seems that you get a different story from every CS person you talk to?

9 of 25 (1,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:03:40 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:04:24 AM

guitargain wrote:

I'm not in customer service, I'm just going off what's posted on the website. However, it does appear they are giving the $15 access fee right to phones that are still under contract as long as the contract started prior to Feb 2:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=uvlJ8LCkaVv

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/388822...

At least one poster there has confirmed they got the $15 pricing for phones still under contract.

guitargain wrote:

I'm not in customer service, I'm just going off what's posted on the website. However, it does appear they are giving the $15 access fee right to phones that are still under contract as long as the contract started prior to Feb 2:

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3888227#M62967

At least one poster there has confirmed they got the $15 pricing for phones still under contract.

[ Edited ]
10 of 25 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:08:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks.

Thanks.

11 of 25 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:03:14 PM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

If you upgrade with the Next plan, the per phone charge stays at $15. 

It states

the response just appears to contradict what is published in the disclaimer, correct me if I am wrong but the Next plan is basicly a installment plan to pay full price for the device with no finance charges, aka 32.75 for 20 months or 25.70 for 26 months

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

the response just appears to contradict what is published in the disclaimer, correct me if I am wrong but the Next plan is basicly a installment plan to pay full price for the device with no finance charges, aka 32.75 for 20 months or 25.70 for 26 months

12 of 25 (1,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:28:52 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

Yes, that is exaclty what the Next plan is, it is an installment plan to pay full price for the phone. I still don't see where the contradiction is. If you upgrade with the Next program, that means you are on an installment program to pay full price and therefore get the $15 pricing.

Maybe it's the term "upgrade" that seems contradictory? Remember, there are now two ways to upgrade. Subsidized price with 2 year contract and Next program.

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

Yes, that is exaclty what the Next plan is, it is an installment plan to pay full price for the phone. I still don't see where the contradiction is. If you upgrade with the Next program, that means you are on an installment program to pay full price and therefore get the $15 pricing.

Maybe it's the term "upgrade" that seems contradictory? Remember, there are now two ways to upgrade. Subsidized price with 2 year contract and Next program.

13 of 25 (1,210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:49:13 PM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

it appears that the 15.00 charge is for devices that are NOT on service contract or next plan ( a installment agreement), so if a upgrade is processed unless they pay full retail with no installment plan it will not qualify for the 15.00 rate. Yes they are two methods of upgrade, subsidized plan or a 20 month installment agreement for paying for the phone. The next plan is technically not a upgrade but it is definitley a installment agreement

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

it appears that the 15.00 charge is for devices that are NOT on service contract or next plan ( a installment agreement), so if a upgrade is processed unless they pay full retail with no installment plan it will not qualify for the 15.00 rate. Yes they are two methods of upgrade, subsidized plan or a 20 month installment agreement for paying for the phone. The next plan is technically not a upgrade but it is definitley a installment agreement

14 of 25 (1,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 2:37:04 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

I think you're still interpretting it wrong. Any phone that is on an installment (Next) plan does qualify for the $15 charge.  The $15 charge is for devices that are NOT on a service contract but they can be on the Next plan.

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

guitargain wrote:

Becasue of the comment

It states

I think you're still interpretting it wrong. Any phone that is on an installment (Next) plan does qualify for the $15 charge.  The $15 charge is for devices that are NOT on a service contract but they can be on the Next plan.

15 of 25 (1,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 2:37:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by guitargain on Feb 4, 2014 at 2:39:37 PM

I have been told by two customer service reps that I can upgrade with a subsidy but if I do then I would revert to paying $40 per month for the phone that is upgraded instead of the $15.  And I am still on contract for both of the phones til January 2015 but my contract was in effect before Feb 2014 so I still qualify for the mobile share value plan and as long as I don't upgrade with a subsidy I will pay the $15 per phone per month.

I have been told by two customer service reps that I can upgrade with a subsidy but if I do then I would revert to paying $40 per month for the phone that is upgraded instead of the $15.  And I am still on contract for both of the phones til January 2015 but my contract was in effect before Feb 2014 so I still qualify for the mobile share value plan and as long as I don't upgrade with a subsidy I will pay the $15 per phone per month.

[ Edited ]
16 of 25 (1,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:12:39 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Feb 4, 2014 at 3:19:18 PM

sandblaster wrote:

If that is true then att needs to change the disclaimer, it specificly states "no installment agmt" on the disclaimer, it specificly states on the web page in those words. I see no chance of interpetting it wrong given the specific legalize of the disclaimer. The next plan is just the ability to purchase the device at full retail with a defined terms of per monthly charge (installment agreement) with the ability to change devices in 12 months instead of waiting 24 months.

In fact if you go to this att web page -

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html#fbid=n3olIffjbxt

which defines the next agreement there is these disclaimers on it

Requires eligible installment agreement and wireless service.

and

A low monthly installment plan is added to your bill.

and

Requires 20-month or 26-month 0% APR installment agreement & qualifying credit.

In fact the words installment agreement is peppered through the fine print

sandblaster wrote:

If that is true then att needs to change the disclaimer, it specificly states "no installment agmt" on the disclaimer, it specificly states on the web page in those words. I see no chance of interpetting it wrong given the specific legalize of the disclaimer. The next plan is just the ability to purchase the device at full retail with a defined terms of per monthly charge (installment agreement) with the ability to change devices in 12 months instead of waiting 24 months.

and

and

[ Edited ]
17 of 25 (1,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:58:52 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

and

and

You quoted it yourself. It does not say "no installment agmt", it says "or on an installment agmt"

†† Pricing forValue plan w/ 10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus per smartphone pricing ($15/mo.) on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

and

and

You quoted it yourself. It does not say "no installment agmt", it says "or on an installment agmt"

†† Pricing forValue plan w/ 10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus per smartphone pricing ($15/mo.) on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.

18 of 25 (1,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 6:40:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

sandblaster wrote:

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/388822...

This appears to be valid. We have just switched our 4-line family plan to this and they told us all lines will be paying $15/mo, even though one of the lines was still under contract through the end of 2014. Savings of about $50/mo, with more data (10GB vs 6.3GB we had before) and messaging for all 4 lines as opposed to just one we had before. Of course I'll know for sure in a month, but so far there's no reason for me to doubt them Smiley Happy

sandblaster wrote:

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3888227#M62967

This appears to be valid. We have just switched our 4-line family plan to this and they told us all lines will be paying $15/mo, even though one of the lines was still under contract through the end of 2014. Savings of about $50/mo, with more data (10GB vs 6.3GB we had before) and messaging for all 4 lines as opposed to just one we had before. Of course I'll know for sure in a month, but so far there's no reason for me to doubt them Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

19 of 25 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:04:06 AM
(0)
Voyager
I bought 2 phones iphone 5s on 01/27/14 in the contract for two years. Will I have the opportunity to change the plan for the 10 gb internet for $ 130?
I bought 2 phones iphone 5s on 01/27/14 in the contract for two years. Will I have the opportunity to change the plan for the 10 gb internet for $ 130?

20 of 25 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:27:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

pg82 wrote:

The simplest way to find out is to log into your account and try the change plan option. If the mobile share value is available, then yes.

pg82 wrote:

The simplest way to find out is to log into your account and try the change plan option. If the mobile share value is available, then yes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

21 of 25 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:46:15 AM
(0)
Voyager
Thanks
Thanks

22 of 25 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 4:22:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

For the record my month ended yesterday and now my account shows that I am on the 10 gig mobile share value plan for $130 per month.

For the record my month ended yesterday and now my account shows that I am on the 10 gig mobile share value plan for $130 per month.

23 of 25 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 6:52:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just for the record I received my first bill after switching.  I have the 10 gig mobile share plan with two phones and the total is 121 and some change.  I get a 17% fan discount on the data bucket so I feel pretty good about these plans.

Just for the record I received my first bill after switching.  I have the 10 gig mobile share plan with two phones and the total is 121 and some change.  I get a 17% fan discount on the data bucket so I feel pretty good about these plans.

24 of 25 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 8:16:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

guitargain wrote:

Sounds about right. We have 4 lines with 23% FAN discount and our bill was $151 and change.

guitargain wrote:

Sounds about right. We have 4 lines with 23% FAN discount and our bill was $151 and change.

25 of 25 (604 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments