New Mobile Share Value Revisions

Employee

New Mobile Share Value Revisions

Sources/Links
www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html -> Mobile Share Value

or

www.myattrpc.com.

I don't think the core of the plan changed much, but I could be wrong since I haven't found a way to compare the old Mobile Share Value vs the new one, but I think, the biggest difference is that

Smartphones w/o a contract or under the AT&T Next program get an additional $10 discount when on $10gb or more.

That's gonna mean a lot of people on 6gb or 8gb being able to go up to 10gb for little or no price difference

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 25 (1,773 Views)
Scholar

Re: New Mobile Share Value Revisions

[ Edited ]

I have been told by two customer service reps that I can upgrade with a subsidy but if I do then I would revert to paying $40 per month for the phone that is upgraded instead of the $15.  And I am still on contract for both of the phones til January 2015 but my contract was in effect before Feb 2014 so I still qualify for the mobile share value plan and as long as I don't upgrade with a subsidy I will pay the $15 per phone per month.

Message 16 of 25 (1,528 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

sandblaster wrote:
I think you're still interpretting it wrong. Any phone that is on an installment (Next) plan does qualify for the $15 charge.  The $15 charge is for devices that are NOT on a service contract but they can be on the Next plan.

If that is true then att needs to change the disclaimer, it specificly states "no installment agmt" on the disclaimer, it specificly states on the web page in those words. I see no chance of interpetting it wrong given the specific legalize of the disclaimer. The next plan is just the ability to purchase the device at full retail with a defined terms of per monthly charge (installment agreement) with the ability to change devices in 12 months instead of waiting 24 months.

In fact if you go to this att web page -

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html#fbid=n3olIffjbxt

which defines the next agreement there is these disclaimers on it

Requires eligible installment agreement and wireless service.

and

A low monthly installment plan is added to your bill.

and

Requires 20-month or 26-month 0% APR installment agreement & qualifying credit.

In fact the words installment agreement is peppered through the fine print

Message 17 of 25 (1,525 Views)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:
I think you're still interpretting it wrong. Any phone that is on an installment (Next) plan does qualify for the $15 charge.  The $15 charge is for devices that are NOT on a service contract but they can be on the Next plan.

If that is true then att needs to change the disclaimer, it specificly states "no installment agmt" on the disclaimer, it specificly states on the web page in those words. I see no chance of interpetting it wrong given the specific legalize of the disclaimer. The next plan is just the ability to purchase the device at full retail with a defined terms of per monthly charge (installment agreement) with the ability to change devices in 12 months instead of waiting 24 months.

In fact if you go to this att web page -

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html#fbid=n3olIffjbxt

which defines the next agreement there is these disclaimers on it

Requires eligible installment agreement and wireless service.

and

A low monthly installment plan is added to your bill.

and

Requires 20-month or 26-month 0% APR installment agreement & qualifying credit.

In fact the words installment agreement is peppered through the fine print

You quoted it yourself. It does not say "no installment agmt", it says "or on an installment agmt"

†† Pricing forValue plan w/ 10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus per smartphone pricing ($15/mo.) on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 25 (1,514 Views)
ACE - Expert

sandblaster wrote:

I'm not in customer service, I'm just going off what's posted on the website. However, it does appear they are giving the $15 access fee right to phones that are still under contract as long as the contract started prior to Feb 2:

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=uvlJ8LCkaVv

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/388822...

At least one poster there has confirmed they got the $15 pricing for phones still under contract.

This appears to be valid. We have just switched our 4-line family plan to this and they told us all lines will be paying $15/mo, even though one of the lines was still under contract through the end of 2014. Savings of about $50/mo, with more data (10GB vs 6.3GB we had before) and messaging for all 4 lines as opposed to just one we had before. Of course I'll know for sure in a month, but so far there's no reason for me to doubt them Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 25 (1,498 Views)
Voyager

I bought 2 phones iphone 5s on 01/27/14 in the contract for two years. Will I have the opportunity to change the plan for the 10 gb internet for $ 130?
Message 20 of 25 (1,460 Views)
ACE - Expert

pg82 wrote:
I bought 2 phones iphone 5s on 01/27/14 in the contract for two years. Will I have the opportunity to change the plan for the 10 gb internet for $ 130?

The simplest way to find out is to log into your account and try the change plan option. If the mobile share value is available, then yes.

Message 21 of 25 (1,452 Views)
Voyager

Thanks
Message 22 of 25 (1,445 Views)
Scholar

For the record my month ended yesterday and now my account shows that I am on the 10 gig mobile share value plan for $130 per month.

Message 23 of 25 (1,358 Views)
Scholar

Just for the record I received my first bill after switching.  I have the 10 gig mobile share plan with two phones and the total is 121 and some change.  I get a 17% fan discount on the data bucket so I feel pretty good about these plans.

Message 24 of 25 (1,012 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

guitargain wrote:

Just for the record I received my first bill after switching.  I have the 10 gig mobile share plan with two phones and the total is 121 and some change.  I get a 17% fan discount on the data bucket so I feel pretty good about these plans.

Sounds about right. We have 4 lines with 23% FAN discount and our bill was $151 and change.

Message 25 of 25 (932 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.