New Mobile Share Plan Issues - Help Needed

Expert

Re: New Mobile Share Plan Issues - Help Needed

Susfried56 wrote:
This is the exact thing that happened to me. I upgraded a line and no one told me it would cost an extra $25 a month from$15 to $40 a month! I have been a loyal customer for over 17 years and its shady for them not to tell us there will be an extra free wry month. It's $600 over the next 24 months we will pay!! Bunch of Bull!First no one could explain. Then they said I signed the contract and its binding! I'm looking into another service! Paying the termination fee and telling AT&T to F off! So mad right now. I was trying to lower my bill ;(

they do

Message 16 of 21 (884 Views)
ACE - Expert

The problem is, that no one reads the fine print. They only read what they want to see and then are upset because that isn't what it "said".
Everywhere I have seen the new plans, it ALWAYS has the fine print of "non-contract" rates. Does no one understand what that means? That means that you need to be out of contract and cannot get a subsidized phone. You either need to pay full price for the phone or buy with the next program, which you pay the full price for the phone over 12 to 18 months.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 21 (882 Views)
Scholar

kdfederer wrote:
The problem is, that no one reads the fine print. They only read what they want to see and then are upset because that isn't what it "said".
Everywhere I have seen the new plans, it ALWAYS has the fine print of "non-contract" rates. Does no one understand what that means? That means that you need to be out of contract and cannot get a subsidized phone. You either need to pay full price for the phone or buy with the next program, which you pay the full price for the phone over 12 to 18 months.

LOL no doubt one or more of these folks complaining will offer one or more of the following "excuses":

1) "That fine print wasn't there before when I went to their website to read up on the terms...honest!"

2) "I can't be bothered to read the fine print--AT&T needs to be more explicit and up front when disclosing all terms"

3) "That's not what the salesperson told me when I was at the store"--now this one, there may be some truth to it but more often than not it's simply a misunderstanding between both parties.

For those of you who keep claiming that AT&T is not being forthcoming enough...how is it that thousands upon thousands of other folks--myself included--who switched over to MSV had no problem understanding the terms before switching over?

I'm waiting for someone who's currently getting the $15/month deal to decide to upgrade their phone via subsidized pricing, see that they then have to start paying $40/month on that line, then complain that AT&T ripped them off by changing the terms and/or not telling them beforehand that upgrading via subsidized pricing would forfeit their $15/month deal on the upgraded line.

Message 18 of 21 (825 Views)
Highlighted

MSV

Lets just started by saying that I called ATT and visited a corporate store to confirm that I will get the line for $15.

ATT and this MSV promo is misleading. No one from the customer service or the store is aware of their own promotion.  I added to line to my account after I confirm that I will get each line for $15 and the $100 bill credit.  So my first billing cycle has past and I am still being charged $40.  After hours of being on the phone, they politely tell me that we screw you and theres nothing we going to do about it, plus they also inform me that I am not the first one to be screwed. Secondly, I cant return the phones back without payint the termination fee.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get this resolve and do I have a case here for false advertisment and misleading customers.

Message 19 of 21 (870 Views)
Expert

Re: MSV

therealjpj wrote:

Lets just started by saying that I called ATT and visited a corporate store to confirm that I will get the line for $15.

ATT and this MSV promo is misleading. No one from the customer service or the store is aware of their own promotion.  I added to line to my account after I confirm that I will get each line for $15 and the $100 bill credit.  So my first billing cycle has past and I am still being charged $40.  After hours of being on the phone, they politely tell me that we screw you and theres nothing we going to do about it, plus they also inform me that I am not the first one to be screwed. Secondly, I cant return the phones back without payint the termination fee.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get this resolve and do I have a case here for false advertisment and misleading customers.

If you purchase the phone on the Next plan the cost is 15.00, if you take a subsidized phone the cost is 40.00. If you have had the device less then 14 days you can retrun it

Message 20 of 21 (843 Views)
Community Manager

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Please use THIS thread for any future questions.

Thank You,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 21 (691 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.