New Go phone plans are horrible!

Contributor

New Go phone plans are horrible!

I know they're trying to get GoPhone users to switch to plans so they can screw us out of money that way, but good grief! I have a smartphone and went from buying a 1GB data package once every 4 months with 50 megabyte packages the other 3 months, with the rollover from the 1GB being enough to sustain me. I averaged spending between $30 and $50 on any month. I switched to the $40 monthly plan because they stopped offering the bigger plans. Now, in 4 days, my phone has somehow used the entire 400 megabytes the plan gives you. I will now have to buy more data, probably 3 or 4 more times before the month is over. This is STUPID. At $5 each time you have to buy data, you spend sixty or more each month. And the $60 monthly plan is not much better. Then you have to buy more data on top of paying the already ridiculous prices! They say they have good customer relations! BULL! I am about ready to switch...would have already, to straight talk, but my son has straight talk and he gets no service at my mother-in-law's house, where we visit once to three times a month, and I can't go with no service for DAYS at a time. I have been a LONG LONGtime customer with Go Phone. If I can find another wireless company that uses the at&t towers, I will definitely be switching. This is insanity. Money-hungry owners who have no idea what it is like to have to BUDGET their money ahead of time are the ones who make these plans. UGH!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: New Go phone plans are horrible!

I completely agree with you. AT&T should not be focusing on so many monthly subscription plans. Rather, the majority of their prepaid plans should be pay per use plans - after all, that's why it's called "pay as you go" service, is it not?

Some of the newer plans reach into contract/postpaid service pricing, namely the $60 unlimited plan. Yeah, it's still a fairly good bargain and there's a lot of nice features for the price, but I couldn't see myself spending $60 every month on a prepaid service plan. If I wanted to spend that kind if money, I would have signed up with postpaid service.

It really does stink how they screwed over the $25 monthly plan customers by murdering their data options from 1GB down to a mere 50MB. People will have to spend over 10 times as much money to reach the previous 1GB plan that was offered no more than a month ago.

All I can say is, thank God I don't use a data plan with my smartphone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support