Network Outage - Please Post Location

ACE - Master

Network Outage - Please Post Location

For all of you who are experiencing a Network Outage from what Support has told you, please respond with your location and when you think you first went down. I'd like to send one list, with locations and dates to the Admins. It may help the Network Engineers. Thanks.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 52
Teacher

Re: Network Outage - Please Post Location

I just performed a hard reset on the Microcell.  That has solved the problem.

Message 16 of 52
Tutor

woke up this morning to microcell service

Hope it is fixed and you all get your service back soon.

Message 17 of 52
Tutor

I did a factory reset and also reset the microcell.
Message 18 of 52
ACE - Master

If AT&T has indeed fixed what ever caused the outage a hard reset may be necessary to completely clear out the memory of the MicroCell and force it to reactivate as if it was brand new. I'd try to power cycle first (which reactivates the MicroCell as well). If that doesn't work, then a hard reset may be necessary. Keep in mind if this is (was) a true outage that cascaded across a couple of different regions, not everyone will come back up at the same time.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 52
Mentor

Hattiesburg, MS 39401

I'm going to try a hard reset to see if it resolves my issue. I can connect but none of my authorized users can.
Message 20 of 52
ACE - Master

You may have to deregister/reregister them (delete their phone numbers and then add them back in).

Message 21 of 52
Mentor

phoenixms wrote:
Hattiesburg, MS 39401

I'm going to try a hard reset to see if it resolves my issue. I can connect but none of my authorized users can.

After a hard reset my issues continues. Only my phone that's on my account is able to use the Microcell. The phone numbers that I've listed in authorized users are not connecting. This issue started last week.

Message 22 of 52
Mentor

Otto Pylot wrote:

You may have to deregister/reregister them (delete their phone numbers and then add them back in).

I'll see if that works and reply with results.

Message 23 of 52
Mentor

phoenixms wrote:

Otto Pylot wrote:

I'll see if that works and reply with results.

They still aren't able to connect to the Microcell. I'm the only one that can. They only thing I haven't tried is deactivating and add it back to my account.

Message 24 of 52
ACE - Master

There were some issues with the myATT account page when modifying existing accounts which may have been related to the recent outage. It is odd that only you can connect and not any of the Guests so deregistering/reregistering may work.

Message 25 of 52
Mentor

Otto Pylot wrote:

There were some issues with the myATT account page when modifying existing accounts which may have been related to the recent outage. It is odd that only you can connect and not any of the Guests so deregistering/reregistering may work.

I deactivated and reactivated the Microcell and Performed a Hard reset after that process and still the same results. I'm only allowed to connect. None of my Approved users are able to access.

Message 26 of 52
ACE - Master

What kind of phones do they have? Maybe they need to reset their phones? Sounds a bit drastic though. You may have to PM CustomerCare (link in my sig) and see if they can do something with your account's Guest List.

Message 27 of 52
Mentor

Otto Pylot wrote:

What kind of phones do they have? Maybe they need to reset their phones? Sounds a bit drastic though. You may have to PM CustomerCare (link in my sig) and see if they can do something with your account's Guest List.

I may have spoken too soon. As soon as the Microcell activated my phone connected but theirs did not. It took the guests about 10 more minutes or so before they were finally able to use it again. So I guess the deactivation and activation fixed my Guest user problem.

Message 28 of 52
ACE - Master

That's good news! Phones don't all get activated at the same time. It takes the network a while to detect and determine their status, especially after there has been network issues.

Message 29 of 52
Contributor

I am in Nashville, TN and my phone lost connection with the Microcell on the evening of Sunday 10/13/13. My 3G indicator light has been on solid, but my phone will not connect. My phone is the primary number on the account. I had also added a friend's number to my approved users list earlier that evening before the service stopped working.

Message 30 of 52
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support