Helpful Links

Network Outage - Please Post Location

ACE - Master

Network Outage - Please Post Location

For all of you who are experiencing a Network Outage from what Support has told you, please respond with your location and when you think you first went down. I'd like to send one list, with locations and dates to the Admins. It may help the Network Engineers. Thanks.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 52
Contributor

Re: Network Outage - Please Post Location

I am in the Raleigh Durham area of North Carolina.

My microcell had the flashing cell (bars) lite since the 16th. My wifes iPhone4 still worked, My Galaxy s2 did not. I followed your instructions to deregister the microcell from the web page, do a "hard" reset (paperclip hole on the back of the microcell) then re register. The cell ligt went solid green. However my Galaxy s2 which had worked flawlessly for 2 years stil will not connect.

Phone works fine on cellular network.

Phone works fine on Wi-Fi

I obtained a "new" SIM per care's instuctions, no change in connecctivity.

I really would like to get this working again...............my opinion is that this problem began with an cisco or at&t update to the microcell. It does seem to affect Samsung devices more than others, but perhaps that is only a reflection of the sheer number of Samsungs.

My Android version is 2.3.5 Kernal is 2.6.35.7 running Gingerbread.UCKJ2. AT&T XDM says there is no newer s/w version available. 

Message 2 of 52
ACE - Master

The Galaxy Note 3's are having issues almost across the board so if AT&T (actually Samsung/Google) did push an update to correct it, that may have screwed up other Samsung phones. This is the first I've heard of S2's having issues. If other phones work on your MicroCell then it's not the MicroCell itself but how the phone is now "talking" to the MicroCell, or vice versa.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 52
Voyager

Michigan here, 48054 zip code.  Been out since about Oct 10.

Message 4 of 52
Tutor

Crested Butte, CO - 81224. Outage first noticed on the 19th (but was out of town until then).  Flashing green bars. Have power cycled and performed a hard reset. Have not unregistered/reregistered it yet.  iPhone 5 running iOS 7. 

Gripe: I am truly shocked at the complete failure of AT&T to support its product and service here. The only person doing a darn thing about helping us is you - and I don't think you even work for AT&T. In my 42 years on this rock of being a consumer and later a business person, I've never quite seen anything like this complete botch job from AT&T. I actually came back to AT&T from VZ for this stupid thing.  

Message 5 of 52
ACE - Master

Thanks. And yes, I do not work for AT&T. Just a consumer like the rest of you but I sort of got nominated to be the ACE for this forum because I too was frustrated with AT&T and it's lack of coherent support for the MicroCell (which BTW, is the only AT&T service I have).

Message 6 of 52
Tutor

Hampton nh my service on my galaxy note has been out since last monday oct 14th.  My husband's blackberry is connecting with  o problems. 

I have called everyday for the past week and no one told me there was a network outage.  I had a new sim card sent to me, did a factory reset on the phone and even got a new phone.

Why is the communication about this so poor

What  is the expected fix time.  

Message 7 of 52
ACE - Professor

For the sake of completeness, those who post here should also note what they have done to try reconnecting. Just saying that you don't have any service and you haven't tried anything to correct the problem may not mean that there is a network issue in your area.  The more information you provide, the better the chance that you can find help here.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 8 of 52
ACE - Master

ciuffs wrote:

Hampton nh my service on my galaxy note has been out since last monday oct 14th.  My husband's blackberry is connecting with  o problems. 

I have called everyday for the past week and no one told me there was a network outage.  I had a new sim card sent to me, did a factory reset on the phone and even got a new phone.

Why is the communication about this so poor

What  is the expected fix time.  

The brand new Galaxy Note 3 (if that's the one you have) is a separate issue. If the Blackberry connects, then you don't have an outage in your area, otherwise your Blackberry wouldn't be able to connect either. The Note 3's appear to have an OS issue that needs to be addressed by Samsung/Google. No ETA as far as I know.

Message 9 of 52
Contributor

Greensboro, North Carolina. First noticed October 19.

Message 10 of 52
ACE - Master

Avedis53 wrote:

For the sake of completeness, those who post here should also note what they have done to try reconnecting. Just saying that you don't have any service and you haven't tried anything to correct the problem may not mean that there is a network issue in your area.  The more information you provide, the better the chance that you can find help here.

To follow up on what Avedis53 said, keep in mind that if you have two phones, and one works and the other one doesn't, it's not an outage. There are a couple of issues of late and one of them has to do with the new Galaxy Note 3's not being able to connect, so yes, please be specific on your problem and what you have done to try to re-establish connection. Noting the color of the 3G light and it's activity is also helpful.

Message 11 of 52
Tutor

It is the note 2 not 3 but sounds like I have a different problem since the bb connects

Is there anyone at at&t that can troubleshoot this.

Message 12 of 52
ACE - Master

What have you done, other than swapping SIMs, to re-connect? This is the second report I've seen about the Note 2 losing it's connection. I'll report this to the Admins but I'm thinking whatever Samsung/Google has done to correct the Note 3 problem (which doesn't seem to be fixed) has now broke the Note 2.

Message 13 of 52
Teacher

90069 - Los Angeles

Microcell flashes green on 3G bars and will not lock.

Started doing that overnight last THursday into Friday.

My guess is some update didn't go well.

Message 14 of 52
ACE - Master

That's a very real possibility. Support is apparently telling some that the registration/activation page is now having issues as well which is probably related to the update(?), area outages, or what ever.

Message 15 of 52
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support