Need to know best pre-paid with data?

Contributor

Need to know best pre-paid with data?

Hey guys, im just a fellow canadian visiting the US next month. As a canadian forces soldier training with the americans! So I just wanted to know what kinds of pre paid services there are. If you're wondering why I'm asking instead of going into the website is because like Canada, we have hidden/special deals u need to know of before jumping into a contract.

Let me know thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (499 Views)
Scholar

Re: Need to know best pre-paid with data?

Well if you're using a smartphone and uses data quite often

$60 monthly rate plan is good for you. It has unlimited call and text and includes 2GB of data. w/option to add data @ $10/1 GB 

if you dont use data that much

$40 monthly rate plan would do. 500 mins talk, unlimited text, includes 200MB data. w/option to add data @ $5/100 MB

If you're using a basic phone,

$35 onthly rate plan is best. includes 500 mins talk, unlimited text, unlimited data

Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)
Contributor

LG_21 wrote:

$35 onthly rate plan is best. includes 500 mins talk, unlimited text, unlimited data

could i sign up for a basic phone plan? and have this unlmited data? i was hoping to facetime my family back home

Message 3 of 5 (422 Views)
Master

Canadian1234 wrote:

LG_21 wrote:

could i sign up for a basic phone plan? and have this unlmited data? i was hoping to facetime my family back home

Yes, you most definitely could. The $35 monthly plan includes unlimited data/mobile web for feature phones ONLY. Smartphones are not compatible with the data portion of this plan. The plan includes 500 minutes of calling within the US, plus unlimited nationwide text/picture/video messages and unlimited text from US to Mexico, Canada and over 100 countries. Calls over 500 minutes are charged at 10¢ per minute.

There is also a slightly more expensive alternative if you think you'll be talking for over 500 minutes. The $50 monthly plan offers the same features of the $35 plan except that the $50 plan has unlimited calling instead of the allotted 500 minutes included with the $35 plan. 

Read more about the $35 monthly plan here: 

http://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/plans/voice/sku6610486.html

Read more about the $50 monthly plan here: 

http://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/plans/voice/sku5240223.html

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5 (395 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Canadian1234 wrote:

LG_21 wrote:

Facetime sounds like iPhone speak to me, which would mean you'll have to pick one of the smartphone plans if you wanted to use mobile data. You can still Facetime over Wi-Fi.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (375 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.