Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 24, 2013
10:15:03 AM
View profile
Need new cell phone

I know I can change phones at any time.  My question/concern is about buying a phone from a store. (ie Best Buy)   Will I have to sign a new contract. ( I currently have a contract and data plan and, I am not due for an upgrade.)  Will I still have to take the new phone to an AT&T store for activation?

Thanks,  kbp45 

I know I can change phones at any time.  My question/concern is about buying a phone from a store. (ie Best Buy)   Will I have to sign a new contract. ( I currently have a contract and data plan and, I am not due for an upgrade.)  Will I still have to take the new phone to an AT&T store for activation?

Thanks,  kbp45 

Need new cell phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 10:52:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You only have to sign a new contract if you pay the subsidized price for a new phone. If you are not upgrade eligible, then you will have to pay full price for the phone, not the upgrade price.
You do not have to go to the store for activation unless the phone you are buying has a different size sim card than you are currently using.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
You only have to sign a new contract if you pay the subsidized price for a new phone. If you are not upgrade eligible, then you will have to pay full price for the phone, not the upgrade price.
You do not have to go to the store for activation unless the phone you are buying has a different size sim card than you are currently using.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Need new cell phone

2 of 2 (399 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments