Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2013
2:20:06 PM
View profile
Need help with galaxy S2. Help help

I have a galaxy S2 by us cellular. Is there a way I can make it work with att. I was told you can wipe everything even their software or firmware and install atts. any truth to this please let me know! 

I have a galaxy S2 by us cellular. Is there a way I can make it work with att. I was told you can wipe everything even their software or firmware and install atts. any truth to this please let me know! 

Need help with galaxy S2. Help help

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 5:33:16 PM
(0)
Expert

Melis1431 wrote:

looked at a few phones from US Cellular, it appears that they are CDMA, at least the 3 smartphones I looked at where, if that is true then the phone will not work on ATT, the cellular radios are incompatible

Melis1431 wrote:

looked at a few phones from US Cellular, it appears that they are CDMA, at least the 3 smartphones I looked at where, if that is true then the phone will not work on ATT, the cellular radios are incompatible

Re: Need help with galaxy S2. Help help

2 of 5 (390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 6:53:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
Aw. Okay thank you!
Aw. Okay thank you!

3 of 5 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:14:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

If the phone uses sim card, then it should be compatible, right?

4 of 5 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 4:24:24 AM
(0)
Expert

chrisui2 wrote:

no, you need to verify that the cellular bands the phone is capable of using are the ones that att supports. For example a US Iphone 5 will never get LTE speeds outside the US / Canada since the LTE bands that is used here is not used anywhere else

chrisui2 wrote:

no, you need to verify that the cellular bands the phone is capable of using are the ones that att supports. For example a US Iphone 5 will never get LTE speeds outside the US / Canada since the LTE bands that is used here is not used anywhere else

5 of 5 (298 Views)