Need a phone TODAY.

Contributor

Need a phone TODAY.

Signed up for service last night and was told that I would recieve my device in the mail either this morning or monday morning if it didn't make friday USPS. I can understand that it might miss today's batch of deliveries, but I also recieved an email from ATT saying that my phone will be shipped anytime from the 4th to the 7th of next month. 

I just switched over from T Mobile, and currently have no phone. I need my phone for work and I am not going to wait 7 or more days for ATT to be ready to stick my sim car and 150 dollar phone in a box and send it to me. I want to pick up my phone THIS afternoon in a store. I didn't order the iphone 5 or some exotic device, I got the S3 mini because apparently the S3 isnt made anymore (which I have seperate gripes about not keeping my old case for). I need an ATT rep to contact me ASAP, I would add an alternative number if there was somewhere hidden to add it for an authorized ATT moderator but there isn't. 

I need a phone today, and I wouldve walked away last night if I hadn't already paid the tax on the device. What's with the sketchy policy on having to order your device, that doesn't seem like it would work well for anyone other than ATT. If I can't pick up the phone by tomorrow I'm sure I can transfer back to T-Mobile and I'll just deal with their lack of towers.

Message 1 of 4 (617 Views)
Expert

Re: Need a phone TODAY.

Masonlapping wrote:

Signed up for service last night and was told that I would recieve my device in the mail either this morning or monday morning if it didn't make friday USPS. I can understand that it might miss today's batch of deliveries, but I also recieved an email from ATT saying that my phone will be shipped anytime from the 4th to the 7th of next month. 

I just switched over from T Mobile, and currently have no phone. I need my phone for work and I am not going to wait 7 or more days for ATT to be ready to stick my sim car and 150 dollar phone in a box and send it to me. I want to pick up my phone THIS afternoon in a store. I didn't order the iphone 5 or some exotic device, I got the S3 mini because apparently the S3 isnt made anymore (which I have seperate gripes about not keeping my old case for). I need an ATT rep to contact me ASAP, I would add an alternative number if there was somewhere hidden to add it for an authorized ATT moderator but there isn't. 

I need a phone today, and I wouldve walked away last night if I hadn't already paid the tax on the device. What's with the sketchy policy on having to order your device, that doesn't seem like it would work well for anyone other than ATT. If I can't pick up the phone by tomorrow I'm sure I can transfer back to T-Mobile and I'll just deal with their lack of towers.

USPS server os 5 tp 7 days, if you needed a phone right away a trip to the corporate store would have been better.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 4 (584 Views)
Contributor

Unfortunately, I was about 75% through my transaction when the salesman informed me that I have to wait for the phone in the mail. It would have been nice to know up front that I needed to go to a specific store. I am located in the greater Seattle area, is there a way to check where I would need to go to get a phone? I find it unbelievable that there aren't phones in store anymore. I would have rather paid for the entire phone up front if that's what it takes to have one.......

Just seems like common sense that if your entire business is selling phones, maybe instead of having 7 million stores with no phones you should rethink that and instead have a few stores that can actually help customers. I am also appalled that a call to customer support offering to drive to a location in my area that can help me got the response of "No, sorry, just wait." I feel tricked into signing up and now I'm stuck waiting for service I am going to be fully billed for at the end of the month anyways.

Message 3 of 4 (577 Views)
Teacher

It wasn't because they didn't have a phone. If you did a next upgrade at a store that's not corporate they won't allow you to leave with a phone after only paying the tax. Visit a corporate store to fix your hassle.
Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.