Name on Account is wrong. Customer Care says correcting but online is not reflecting

Name on Account is wrong. Customer Care says correcting but online is not reflecting

[ Edited ]

My Online Profile shows my name as 

DEEPAK

This was incorrectly entered by the AT&T store member despite me repeatedly asking her to correct. She arrogantly refused. When I called the customer care they are telling they have corrected it but the online profile is not changing.

My correct name is 

Deepak

Can some one route to a proper contact and get the same corrected please?

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

Message 1 of 6 (402 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Name on Account is wrong. Customer Care says correcting but online is not reflecting

Hello lavanyadeepak, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry they misspelled your name, I can definitely understand why you're upset because it has happened to me countless timesSmiley Wink Don't worry, it can be fixed, there are couple of limitations though. When did you start your service? We can't update any billing information within first 30 days from activation, this might be the reason why it's not updating. If it's not the case, than also keep in mind it takes 24 hours for any changes to update in all our systems.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (377 Views)

Re: Name on Account is wrong. Customer Care says correcting but online is not reflecting

Service started two weeks back (Ported from T-Mobile)

Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

I would wait for 30 days, then check again and if it's not updated, let us know and we will fix. It has no negative effects on your billing or service.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (368 Views)
Contributor

You can change the name on your account even if it's within the first 30 days of service or before your 1st bill, I had the same issue were the representative who setup my account over the phone got the last name on my account completely wrong, I called customer service and they said all they had to do was send a text to my phone with a PIN and for me to read back the PIN and they would authorize the last name on the account to be changed, sure enough they did allow it, the name was corrected on the account immediatly and the change was reflected across all of AT&T's systems, including customer service,billing and online account manager.... Just call and ask, they maybe able to do the same for you!

Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Yes. Wait for 30 days before seeing any changes. Accounts must have 30 days tenure before making a change.

Even if your customer service representatives can change that information within 30 days, I would've referred the customer back to the point of sale or a COR location with Government Issued Photo ID, to avoid fraud if anything.

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.