NEED HELP PLEASE

Contributor

NEED HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

ATT Customer Service OUTRIGHT LIED and made false promises to keep my wife a customer and ultimately lock her into a 2 year contract.

My dear sweet wife was out of contract for 4 years and was going to go to Verizon Wireless (like me). The LYING, CHEATING ATT Customer Service people (a total of three separate people: Customer Relations Edward on 12/31, Porsha, again on 12/31, and Shanti at 3:18 p.m. on 1/4/14  PROMISED her a loyalty agreement at a lower promotional price (unlimited talk and text, 300mb of data for $40 per month) if she went into the store and agreed to a 2 year contract with a smartphone. The cost of the smartphone would be gratis because of the upgrade that was due her.

Why she had to go into the store and they couldn't do this over the phone is beyond me.

So my wife goes into the store on New Years Eve, as instructed, opts into a 2 year plan as told by the LYING CHEATING Customer Relations Representatives for what she thought was $40 month, unlim talk & text, plus 300mb of data.  The reps also allegedly waived the upgrade fee. I know, sweet deal. Or so we thought.

That is, until we got the bill and realized that the LYING CHEATING Customer Relations Representatives did not give my dear sweet wife the deal that was verified on three separate occasions.  We spoke with Customer Relations TONITE, and lo and behold, all of the notes had miracously vanished - along with the deal. It was now $60 per month instead of $40. That's even higher than the ATT Next program!

The LYING CHEATING Customer Relations people said there was no such $40 deal ever offered, no such confirmatory notes from Edward on 12/31, Porsha, again on 12/31, and Shanti at 3:18 p.m. on 1/4/14   on my dear sweet wife's account -- NOTHING.

Wait, that's not entirely true. We did have a bill for $60 per month. NOT WHAT WE WERE PROMISED.

To recap:

ATT LIED to keep a customer with false promises of a plan that either a)existed, but was taken away or b) they knew would never exist and was dangled as an incentive to remain a customer and lock her into a 2 year contract

When confronted today, ATT DID NOTHING TO REMEDY THE SITUATION!

Who is going to help, ATT? Make this right, please!

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 5 (420 Views)
Employee

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

Hey BriLo,

It definetly sounds like there's been some misunderstanding.

I personally encourage customers of mine to review the different plans/options we're discussing through our site. (such as www.myattrpc.com )

Our new plans do allow you to get unlimited talk/text 300mb on a basic phone, but not a smartphone.

I do encourage you to revist the store. The contract was originally applied at that time, and sometimes stores have a bit of discretionary allowance to either reverse their prior contract/return the phone or maybe exchange it for a phone that'll fit, even outside the 14 days. No promises, but I reccomend that be your first stop.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (409 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, BriLo!

Thanks for your post. I'm so sorry to hear about all the recent confusion surrounding your wife's upgrade. I completely understand your frustration, and we would appreciate the opportunity to remedy the situation. 

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can initiate an investigation. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. 

Meanwhile, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (341 Views)
Guru

Your wife got a new smartphone with a two year?
Message 4 of 5 (335 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

It's $20 for the plan itself; the unlimited talk, text, and 300MB of data. Then it is an additional $40 for the phone to be put onto the plan, making it $60.

Many apologies you were misinformed about the plan's pricing. Smiley Sad

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.