My student e-mail is approved but I can't shop as a new customer..

Contributor

My student e-mail is approved but I can't shop as a new customer..

I received an e-mail for the Premier site and according to the splash page before it there is a $25 credit, discount on plans, ect I just need to click 'Shop Now' however the e-mail I received gives me a 'Start Now' option that takes me to a login screen for Premier. This is all well and good but I'm not a current customer, so I have no wireless number that you apparently need to register. What gives? I came back to AT&T because T-mobile just gave me the run around and charged me multiple times for an order they couldn't even process. I have a Nexus 5 in hand so all I require is the micro SIM, a data plan, and an idea of the what the discount will be so I can make an informed choice. Am I just missinging something here?

Sarah

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: My student e-mail is approved but I can't shop as a new customer..

Hello, Sarahmb1985!

Thank you for your post! Are you porting your number over from T-Mobile or are you starting with a brand new number? Either way the account would have to be created first so the discount code can be attached. If you would like help with this, just send us a message by clicking here or stop by one of our corporate stores.

If you send us a message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

If you decide to stop by a store, make sure you bring valid proof of eligibility, in this case a student photo I.D. with the name of the university..

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support