Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
10:43:40 AM
View profile
My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection

My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection when leaving a LTE area. I have to turn off LTE wait a moment turn on LTE and it will pick up the 4g connection. This does not occur when leaving 4g and entering an LTE are.

Setting or something I'm missing? Reset network setting no help.

My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection when leaving a LTE area. I have to turn off LTE wait a moment turn on LTE and it will pick up the 4g connection. This does not occur when leaving 4g and entering an LTE are.

I think there are giant mushrooms. That visit earth in intergalactic spaceships,spying on us.

My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 3:30:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Try upgrade to iOS 7, and see. But what happen, at top left corner "E" appears?
Try upgrade to iOS 7, and see. But what happen, at top left corner "E" appears?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection

2 of 3 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 10:15:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

hydrogen3 wrote:

Does this happen in all places, or only in one particular location?  I ask because it could be a cell tower issue and not an iPHone issue.  I use my iPhone 5 quite a bit, and am moving form LTE<==>4G<==>E<==>GPRs (in a few rare instnaces).  I have a problem similar to yours, but only in the area of my work office.  When I drop from LTE to 4G there, it takes 60-90 seconds before I start getting a good data flow, and even then it is slow.  I don't have that problem in any other location, just near work.  I have reported it using the MyATT app and it helped for a while, but the problem is back again, and I haven't had a chance to report it again...

I'm wondering if you are having a similar issue, in which case it isn't really your iPhone, it's something with the cell tower.  Do other iPhone 5 owners have the same problem as you at that location? do you or they have the same problem in other locations?

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

hydrogen3 wrote:

Does this happen in all places, or only in one particular location?  I ask because it could be a cell tower issue and not an iPHone issue.  I use my iPhone 5 quite a bit, and am moving form LTE<==>4G<==>E<==>GPRs (in a few rare instnaces).  I have a problem similar to yours, but only in the area of my work office.  When I drop from LTE to 4G there, it takes 60-90 seconds before I start getting a good data flow, and even then it is slow.  I don't have that problem in any other location, just near work.  I have reported it using the MyATT app and it helped for a while, but the problem is back again, and I haven't had a chance to report it again...

I'm wondering if you are having a similar issue, in which case it isn't really your iPhone, it's something with the cell tower.  Do other iPhone 5 owners have the same problem as you at that location? do you or they have the same problem in other locations?

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My iphone 5 (ios6) loses the data connection

3 of 3 (422 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments