Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 14, 2011
3:17:57 PM
My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

Are these gophones supposed to charge you 10 cents even if you don't answer a call?

That doesn't seem right to me. I'm POSITIVE that I'm NOT hitting "reject call", "ignore call" or anything else.  I don't press a single button... and still the message pops up to tell me I've just been charged 10 cents!

Is this normal?  Is it a problem with my phone (LG Prime)?  I don't recall this happening with my last gophone (Pantech Slate).

Are these gophones supposed to charge you 10 cents even if you don't answer a call?

That doesn't seem right to me. I'm POSITIVE that I'm NOT hitting "reject call", "ignore call" or anything else.  I don't press a single button... and still the message pops up to tell me I've just been charged 10 cents!

Is this normal?  Is it a problem with my phone (LG Prime)?  I don't recall this happening with my last gophone (Pantech Slate).

My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 3:44:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I'm not sure why that could be. When I do not answer my phone, I do not get charged $0.10 according to my rate plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm not sure why that could be. When I do not answer my phone, I do not get charged $0.10 according to my rate plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

2 of 5 (1,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 3:55:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

joeyvankuiken wrote:

Take a look at the information in this post - double checking the # of seconds that your phone is ringing before being transferred to voice mail may be of help.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/At-amp-t-taking-money-from-me-for-a-year-for-unanswered-calls/m-p/2...

That said - I am on the $1/day rate plan and I was charged for a voice mail recently - for the first time.  It hasn't happened again, so hopefully it was just a fluke.  Since I generally don't provide my prepaid cell phone number to anyone, any phone calls/voice mails I receive are almost certainly a wrong number; I definitely don't want to pay for them. Smiley Sad

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

joeyvankuiken wrote:

Take a look at the information in this post - double checking the # of seconds that your phone is ringing before being transferred to voice mail may be of help.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/At-amp-t-taking-money-from-me-for-a-year-for-unanswered-calls/m-p/2806291#M38043

That said - I am on the $1/day rate plan and I was charged for a voice mail recently - for the first time.  It hasn't happened again, so hopefully it was just a fluke.  Since I generally don't provide my prepaid cell phone number to anyone, any phone calls/voice mails I receive are almost certainly a wrong number; I definitely don't want to pay for them. Smiley Sad

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 1:42:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm not going to pay for this any longer...goodbye att nice service

I'm not going to pay for this any longer...goodbye att nice service

4 of 5 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 12:26:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

It might be that "Call Forwarding If Unanswered" option is activated. This will incur charges.

It might be that "Call Forwarding If Unanswered" option is activated. This will incur charges.

5 of 5 (709 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments