My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

Are these gophones supposed to charge you 10 cents even if you don't answer a call?

That doesn't seem right to me. I'm POSITIVE that I'm NOT hitting "reject call", "ignore call" or anything else.  I don't press a single button... and still the message pops up to tell me I've just been charged 10 cents!

Is this normal?  Is it a problem with my phone (LG Prime)?  I don't recall this happening with my last gophone (Pantech Slate).

Message 1 of 5 (1,642 Views)
Master

Re: My gophone is charging me money for NOT answering incoming calls!

I'm not sure why that could be. When I do not answer my phone, I do not get charged $0.10 according to my rate plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5 (1,606 Views)
Master

joeyvankuiken wrote:

Are these gophones supposed to charge you 10 cents even if you don't answer a call?

That doesn't seem right to me. I'm POSITIVE that I'm NOT hitting "reject call", "ignore call" or anything else.  I don't press a single button... and still the message pops up to tell me I've just been charged 10 cents!

Is this normal?  Is it a problem with my phone (LG Prime)?  I don't recall this happening with my last gophone (Pantech Slate).

Take a look at the information in this post - double checking the # of seconds that your phone is ringing before being transferred to voice mail may be of help.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/At-amp-t-taking-money-from-me-for-a-year-for-unanswered-calls/m-p/2...

That said - I am on the $1/day rate plan and I was charged for a voice mail recently - for the first time.  It hasn't happened again, so hopefully it was just a fluke.  Since I generally don't provide my prepaid cell phone number to anyone, any phone calls/voice mails I receive are almost certainly a wrong number; I definitely don't want to pay for them. Smiley Sad

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 5 (1,602 Views)
Contributor

I'm not going to pay for this any longer...goodbye att nice service

Message 4 of 5 (852 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

It might be that "Call Forwarding If Unanswered" option is activated. This will incur charges.

Message 5 of 5 (790 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.