My bill has risen twice in three months!

Contributor

My bill has risen twice in three months!

I understand that my initial deal may have expired but why has my bill total doubled? It raised in November, December and March all without any warning or explanation. You need to keep customers more informed to bill changes. I'm not happy. I guess it's time to start looking into other service providers. 

Message 1 of 3 (331 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: My bill has risen twice in three months!

sarah83 wrote:

I understand that my initial deal may have expired but why has my bill total doubled? It raised in November, December and March all without any warning or explanation. You need to keep customers more informed to bill changes. I'm not happy. I guess it's time to start looking into other service providers. 

Your first step should be to look at each of those bills and see what specific changes in pricing have caused the bill to be higher. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (293 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: My bill has risen twice in three months!

There can be a great number of reasons as to why your monthly reocurring charges have recently increased.

• Have you recently made any plan changes on your account, such as adding/removing/changing plans and/or features? If so, you may have been affected with prorated credits and charges.

• Have you recently upgraded or activated devices? If so, you may have been affected with a $36.00 standard fee for equipment upgrades and/or activations.

• Have you been late in your payments and/or have gotten your service interrupted for non-pay? If so, there may be $5.00 late payment fees and/or $40.00 restoral fees.

• Have you recently added third-party subscriptions to your account, such as Netflix, Ringtones, Games, Web Applications? If so, there may be a third-party charges on your account.

• Have you recently upgraded your phone lines using the AT&T NEXT Installment Plan? If so, there may be a monthly fee for each of those lines that you've upgraded with the NEXT in addition to your Monthly Reocurring Service Charges.

• Have you checked if any of your lines have been going over in Talk, Text, or Data? If so, you may have overage fees.

• Have you gone out of the country or communicated with somebody that is? If so, there may be roaming or international long distance charges on your account.

• Have you done a Transfer of Billing Responsibility (TOBR) recently? If so, there may be an $18.00 TOBR fee and/or prorated charges and credits on your account.

• Have you canceled any lines recently? If so, there may be contract termination fees and/or prorated charges and credits on your account.

I guess my point is there is a large list of valid charges/fees that may be causing your bill to hike. Please elaborate more.

Message 3 of 3 (288 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.