Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2013
10:10:01 PM
View profile
My account is not commissionable?

So I just set up an account today with some friends (it was a mobile share). I also carried over upgrade eligibility.  I went into Best Buy and they said the account was not commissionable, meaning they wouldn't make any money from AT&T, for selling me the phone.  The apologized profusely and said that it happens sometimes to random AT&T accounts and no one from AT&T will give them a straight answer as to why it does that.  My account is set up as a business account although we aren't a business, but Best Buy said they'll sell phones to business accounts all the time.  Anyone else have this problem?

So I just set up an account today with some friends (it was a mobile share). I also carried over upgrade eligibility.  I went into Best Buy and they said the account was not commissionable, meaning they wouldn't make any money from AT&T, for selling me the phone.  The apologized profusely and said that it happens sometimes to random AT&T accounts and no one from AT&T will give them a straight answer as to why it does that.  My account is set up as a business account although we aren't a business, but Best Buy said they'll sell phones to business accounts all the time.  Anyone else have this problem?

My account is not commissionable?

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 6:12:44 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello wmr131, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify, are you saying Best Buy couldn't sell you the phone you wanted?

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello wmr131, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify, are you saying Best Buy couldn't sell you the phone you wanted?

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My account is not commissionable?

2 of 4 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 9:26:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have a related question: I am a retiree from an AT&T legacy company and I get a discount off my monthly bill. I am eligible for an upgrade and can get a much better deal from a reseller on the phone (Walmart 97 cents, AT$T $99.99 for the same phone. If I buy from Walmart will my phone be non-commisionalble or will I lose my retiree discount if I sigh a 2 years extension at walmart.

I have a related question: I am a retiree from an AT&T legacy company and I get a discount off my monthly bill. I am eligible for an upgrade and can get a much better deal from a reseller on the phone (Walmart 97 cents, AT$T $99.99 for the same phone. If I buy from Walmart will my phone be non-commisionalble or will I lose my retiree discount if I sigh a 2 years extension at walmart.

3 of 4 (289 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 10:13:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Buying from Walmart is no different than buying from AT&T store. If your account is not commissionable, it is what it is. Buying from Walmart doesn't make it that way.
When you buy from Walmart, your discount remains on your account.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Buying from Walmart is no different than buying from AT&T store. If your account is not commissionable, it is what it is. Buying from Walmart doesn't make it that way.
When you buy from Walmart, your discount remains on your account.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (283 Views)