Ask a question

Posted Feb 9, 2013
    8:56:52 AM
    My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

My theory on why AT&T Addressbook is not working for many customers is the IMEI Numbers in the AT&T Database.

The reason for my theory is that all of my IMEI Numbers are screwed in my account.

When I login, all my devices are showing incorrect devices.

When I change them to the correct device, it says that it saves, but a screen refresh caused the devices to default back to some random device.

I think the IMEI Numbers are all messed up, and this is causing registrations to fail.

If I cannect on Device with IMEI # '1212121212' and try to register the AT&T Address Book, and it sees that IMEI Number is not on my account, wouldn't that cause the failure?

I'm just thinking logically here... :-? 

My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 19, 2014 6:26:10 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

even I am experiencing the same problem. It says unable to register. If there is anyone who can help me, that would be great

Re: My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

2 of 3 (213 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 20, 2014 10:50:16 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

It might be a good idea to contact customer care for help, they can verify that your account and equipment are set-up correctly, I would start there. You can call us @ 1-800-331-0500 or send a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

3 of 3 (181 Views)