My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

Highlighted
Tutor

My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

My theory on why AT&T Addressbook is not working for many customers is the IMEI Numbers in the AT&T Database.

The reason for my theory is that all of my IMEI Numbers are screwed in my account.

When I login, all my devices are showing incorrect devices.

When I change them to the correct device, it says that it saves, but a screen refresh caused the devices to default back to some random device.

I think the IMEI Numbers are all messed up, and this is causing registrations to fail.

If I cannect on Device with IMEI # '1212121212' and try to register the AT&T Address Book, and it sees that IMEI Number is not on my account, wouldn't that cause the failure?

I'm just thinking logically here... :-? 

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

even I am experiencing the same problem. It says unable to register. If there is anyone who can help me, that would be great

Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

Re: My Theory on AT&T Address Book Issues

It might be a good idea to contact customer care for help, they can verify that your account and equipment are set-up correctly, I would start there. You can call us @ 1-800-331-0500 or send a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support