Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 4, 2013
8:07:26 PM
View profile
My Personal AT&T experience....SADLY

So, for everyone who isnt a AT&T user, i must warn you.....BE CARFUL. I recently started a new account with AT&T, got a phone that seemed to be pretty great (HTC One mini). It was good for the first week, by week two I grew GREATLY tired of it, and with raising a one year old a hardly have any money. So I was unable to make the 14 day window to return my phone, thinkin AT&T would understand my trouble and understand how unhappy i am with a three week old phone. Well, they DO NOT care. As a matter of fact, it is all about THEM and THEIR money. They refused to help me and make a acception. So i called customer service, and the lady seemed to help, i ordered a new phone over the phone (iPhone 5c, currently $99.99) and was told ill recieve a Terms and Conditions email. I never recieved my email to ACCEPT ANYTHING, therefore i should not have been charged a PENNY for the new device (according to another rep i spoke with). Well, i eventually got online and REJECTED the terms and cancelled the order, due to the fact i dont feel the need to pay $100 more bucks to get rid of a phone i dont want and raise my bill, plus pay the ETF. But, i ended up getting charged a full ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS even after rejecting the Terms and Conditions. This is a HUGE mistake on the behalf of AT&T. Now i am out of $100 and wont be getting a new phone. And i was suppsed to be refunded within 24 hours, which i wasnt. So, i recommend NOBODY to use AT&T. EVER, they will just screw you over and then refuse to help you with anything..

So, for everyone who isnt a AT&T user, i must warn you.....BE CARFUL. I recently started a new account with AT&T, got a phone that seemed to be pretty great (HTC One mini). It was good for the first week, by week two I grew GREATLY tired of it, and with raising a one year old a hardly have any money. So I was unable to make the 14 day window to return my phone, thinkin AT&T would understand my trouble and understand how unhappy i am with a three week old phone. Well, they DO NOT care. As a matter of fact, it is all about THEM and THEIR money. They refused to help me and make a acception. So i called customer service, and the lady seemed to help, i ordered a new phone over the phone (iPhone 5c, currently $99.99) and was told ill recieve a Terms and Conditions email. I never recieved my email to ACCEPT ANYTHING, therefore i should not have been charged a PENNY for the new device (according to another rep i spoke with). Well, i eventually got online and REJECTED the terms and cancelled the order, due to the fact i dont feel the need to pay $100 more bucks to get rid of a phone i dont want and raise my bill, plus pay the ETF. But, i ended up getting charged a full ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS even after rejecting the Terms and Conditions. This is a HUGE mistake on the behalf of AT&T. Now i am out of $100 and wont be getting a new phone. And i was suppsed to be refunded within 24 hours, which i wasnt. So, i recommend NOBODY to use AT&T. EVER, they will just screw you over and then refuse to help you with anything..

My Personal AT&T experience....SADLY

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 6:14:15 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, daltonsaxon!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences. If you don't mind, please send us a message by clicking here so we can investigate your $100 refund.

In your message please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, daltonsaxon!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences. If you don't mind, please send us a message by clicking here so we can investigate your $100 refund.

In your message please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My Personal AT&T experience....SADLY

2 of 5 (847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 8:45:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Nov 5, 2013 at 9:02:39 AM

I tried to start a new Post but it keeps telling me to "correct the highlighted areas" there are none so, I'll try to post my message here.

I have been an AT&T (Cingular) customer for the past 12 years. I have always spoke highly of them and never had any issues that upset me enough to complain on this forum until today. I have 3 lines with data plans on my account, have never been late with a payment, have never had my service stopped or suspended, have upgraded my phones regularly, I currently 6have the HTC One 64gb upgraded 03/13. (Other 2 are an iPhone 4 & an S4) My back up phones (just in case) are S3, Atrix HD, Atrix 2, Atrix 4g. Not to mention the phones I've had over the years (Motorola's v551 (2), v557 (1), Razr (5), Rizr Z9 (2) Pebl (2), HTC's Tilt (2), Tilt2 (1) LG Xenon (2). I think that's all might have missed 1 or 2. Anyways, out of the listed 24 phones here all but 6 have been purchased from AT&T. My current billing is $213.47 per month. Now my issue, yesterday I tried to order clearance items with extra % off if you order 3 or more accessories. Items were 1 Otterbox Commuter case for Atrix 2 ($5.00), 2 Moshi AG SS for Atrix 2 ($5.00ea), 2 Moshi AG SS for Atrix HD ($5.00ea) and 2 Moshi AG SS for S3 ($5.00ea). Total with Tax $28.09.

"Thank you for your order" then I get this email...

Dear Rebecca {Personal content removed for your safety},

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Please go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you,

AT&T

What?? I'm only trying to order accessories? So, then I thought something was wrong with my card or I forgot to enter something (nothing was) I tried to order again with a different card. Got a 2nd email with a different order number same response. So I chatted with someone online she gave me the same response and a number to call. I called today lady on the phone gave me the same response and then transferred me to a man that once again gave me the same response and said that I can't order anything online and if I try, everything will be canceled. He was going to try to order it over the phone but surprise it's only available online! I have asked and NOBODY can tell me why this is happening. Everyone says that I have to drive 15 miles to the store and show 2 forms of ID to prove who I am just to pay for some screensavers. Makes no sense, Especially since I just upgraded my HTC One 64gb for $300.00 online 03/13 with no problems at all!

I tried to start a new Post but it keeps telling me to "correct the highlighted areas" there are none so, I'll try to post my message here.

I have been an AT&T (Cingular) customer for the past 12 years. I have always spoke highly of them and never had any issues that upset me enough to complain on this forum until today. I have 3 lines with data plans on my account, have never been late with a payment, have never had my service stopped or suspended, have upgraded my phones regularly, I currently 6have the HTC One 64gb upgraded 03/13. (Other 2 are an iPhone 4 & an S4) My back up phones (just in case) are S3, Atrix HD, Atrix 2, Atrix 4g. Not to mention the phones I've had over the years (Motorola's v551 (2), v557 (1), Razr (5), Rizr Z9 (2) Pebl (2), HTC's Tilt (2), Tilt2 (1) LG Xenon (2). I think that's all might have missed 1 or 2. Anyways, out of the listed 24 phones here all but 6 have been purchased from AT&T. My current billing is $213.47 per month. Now my issue, yesterday I tried to order clearance items with extra % off if you order 3 or more accessories. Items were 1 Otterbox Commuter case for Atrix 2 ($5.00), 2 Moshi AG SS for Atrix 2 ($5.00ea), 2 Moshi AG SS for Atrix HD ($5.00ea) and 2 Moshi AG SS for S3 ($5.00ea). Total with Tax $28.09.

"Thank you for your order" then I get this email...

Dear Rebecca {Personal content removed for your safety},

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Please go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you,

AT&T

What?? I'm only trying to order accessories? So, then I thought something was wrong with my card or I forgot to enter something (nothing was) I tried to order again with a different card. Got a 2nd email with a different order number same response. So I chatted with someone online she gave me the same response and a number to call. I called today lady on the phone gave me the same response and then transferred me to a man that once again gave me the same response and said that I can't order anything online and if I try, everything will be canceled. He was going to try to order it over the phone but surprise it's only available online! I have asked and NOBODY can tell me why this is happening. Everyone says that I have to drive 15 miles to the store and show 2 forms of ID to prove who I am just to pay for some screensavers. Makes no sense, Especially since I just upgraded my HTC One 64gb for $300.00 online 03/13 with no problems at all!

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 9:13:38 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi, rebeccacool!

Thanks for your post.

What you're describing definitely sounds like it might be a glitch of some sort. In order to help us track the issue, could you send us a private message by clicking here? This is a care team that only handles escalations from the forums, so they will work very hard to get your issue resolved.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have a screenshot of the email you received, as well as a screenshot of the special offer you were trying to order online, that would be helpful.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hi, rebeccacool!

Thanks for your post.

What you're describing definitely sounds like it might be a glitch of some sort. In order to help us track the issue, could you send us a private message by clicking here? This is a care team that only handles escalations from the forums, so they will work very hard to get your issue resolved.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have a screenshot of the email you received, as well as a screenshot of the special offer you were trying to order online, that would be helpful.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (822 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 9:02:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

It's your responsibility to return it within 14 days, and you knew that before you bought it. It's silly to just assume that rules don't apply to you.

Moreover, it's your responsibility to do research beforehand and choose a phone that you like.

If they really did charge you $100 for nothing, then that is a different matter, but your story doesn't make sense, so I'm not sure what really happened there.

It's your responsibility to return it within 14 days, and you knew that before you bought it. It's silly to just assume that rules don't apply to you.

Moreover, it's your responsibility to do research beforehand and choose a phone that you like.

If they really did charge you $100 for nothing, then that is a different matter, but your story doesn't make sense, so I'm not sure what really happened there.

5 of 5 (779 Views)