My Nokia 920 phone gets very hot to the point that it shuts itself off...

My Nokia 920 phone gets very hot to the point that it shuts itself off...

Hello,

Does anyone have this experience with their Nokia 920 phone?  When I use the phone to serve the net (browing Facebook, sending emails, etc.  nothing data intensive) , especially when I am using WiFi, the upper half of the phone gets very hot.  There is a time when it got so hot that it shut itself off.  The weird part is sometimes when the phone gets really hot, I would shut the phone off manually before it shuts itself off.  But after shutting off the phone, the phone will actually get a little hotter before it starts to cool off.

Any clues?

Message 1 of 3 (11,181 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: My Nokia 920 phone gets very hot to the point that it shuts itself off...

Are you using  it outside when it is already well above 90? If not, its not supposed to get that hot - can you post a URL or two of sites you visit when it gets hot?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (11,160 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: My Nokia 920 phone gets very hot to the point that it shuts itself off...

Yes I had to send my first phone back it froze so they sent me this one and I'm trying to see what can I do or them the phone gets real hot,and at times I have to tap harder to get something.the first phone worked good in tell I try to reset it what ever you do don't try to reset your phone lol it well froze and you won't get it to work.
Message 3 of 3 (10,981 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.