Helpful Links

MotoX Address Book Doesn't Sync Over WiFi

Teacher

MotoX Address Book Doesn't Sync Over WiFi

I received my new MotoX a few days ago. I love ths phone, and it appears to be working very well ... with one exception.

After a good deal of troubleshooting, I discovered that my phone's address book ("People") cannot sync with the AT&T website's address book over WiFi. The final step that proved this was when I turned my phone's WiFi connection off - then I could sync my address book. As soon as I turned my phone's WiFi connection on, I lost the ability to sync. I tried this several times to confirm my conclusion.

My next step will be to try syncing my address book over other WiFi connections. For example, I'll try syncing my address book at the local coffee shop using their WiFi connection. That should tell me whether the problem is with my home's WiFi or WiFi in general.

In the meantime, has anyone else experienced this problem? It sounds crazy: I can sync over the mobile data connection but not over WiFi?

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: MotoX Address Book Doesn't Sync Over WiFi

EDIT: I have the same problem when I try to sync from other WiFi connections (besides my home network.) So WiFi doesn't seem to be the problem. I think it has something to do with the online AT&T address book.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

EDIT #2: A support ticket was opened with AT&T. I guess no one else is having this problem.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Teacher

Unfortunately, AT&T was not able to solve my problem. Instead, they somehow concluded that my phone cannot access the internet over WiFi and needs to be replaced under warranty. This is obviously incorrect and makes me wonder if they actually attempted to solve my problem at all.

Since backing up contacts is important to me, I now use a third-party app (Lookout Mobile Security) for this purpose and have abandoned the AT&T Address Book.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support