Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 24, 2013
2:48:27 PM
View profile
Moto X Premier orders?

(SORRY ment to post this here first!!!)

Hello,

I'm due for an upgrade, and I want the 32GB Moto X. But I'm confused if any of my account discounts apply to it since I have to "make" the phone through Motorolas site. If I do it there, it seem I'm paying full price and no discount applies. 

What needs to be done for my discount to be applied to my custom purchase? The messages that pops up on the Premier site says after clicking "Design Now": 

"You can only purchase this device directly through the manufacturer, Motorola. When you click Design Now, you're directed to the Motorola website, which opens in a new window. There you can customize and purchase this device.

If you have other wireless lines in your cart, click Cancel and complete the purchase for those items first. Then return to this page and click Design Now. This AT&T shopping session will remain active so you can return here and complete your Motorola device purchase."

This is contraditory. If I have to make the purchase through Moto's site, why do I need to come back here (not sure if it does this, but as far asI can tell, I dont get redirected at all back to AT&T; everything is done with Moto)? Also, when, where or how is my work discount applied? Or is it even applied at all?

For other upgrades I simply needed to handle it on Premier. With Moto Maker, things get complicated; seems like AT&T should have clarified or ironed out this process. Please help me out. This is the device I needed almost a year ago.

(SORRY ment to post this here first!!!)

Hello,

I'm due for an upgrade, and I want the 32GB Moto X. But I'm confused if any of my account discounts apply to it since I have to "make" the phone through Motorolas site. If I do it there, it seem I'm paying full price and no discount applies. 

What needs to be done for my discount to be applied to my custom purchase? The messages that pops up on the Premier site says after clicking "Design Now": 

"You can only purchase this device directly through the manufacturer, Motorola. When you click Design Now, you're directed to the Motorola website, which opens in a new window. There you can customize and purchase this device.

If you have other wireless lines in your cart, click Cancel and complete the purchase for those items first. Then return to this page and click Design Now. This AT&T shopping session will remain active so you can return here and complete your Motorola device purchase."

This is contraditory. If I have to make the purchase through Moto's site, why do I need to come back here (not sure if it does this, but as far asI can tell, I dont get redirected at all back to AT&T; everything is done with Moto)? Also, when, where or how is my work discount applied? Or is it even applied at all?

For other upgrades I simply needed to handle it on Premier. With Moto Maker, things get complicated; seems like AT&T should have clarified or ironed out this process. Please help me out. This is the device I needed almost a year ago.

Moto X Premier orders?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 11:57:10 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, aarinw!

Do you still need clarification on how your Premier status will affect your Moto X order?

If so, you can send us a private message by clicking here so we can get a Premier expert to talk you through it. If you send us a message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

You should receive a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, aarinw!

Do you still need clarification on how your Premier status will affect your Moto X order?

If so, you can send us a private message by clicking here so we can get a Premier expert to talk you through it. If you send us a message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

You should receive a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Moto X Premier orders?

2 of 3 (791 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 10:53:40 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi aarinw,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to look into the pricing for the MotoX.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi aarinw,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to look into the pricing for the MotoX.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Moto X Premier orders?

3 of 3 (687 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments