Moto X No-contract

Contributor

Moto X No-contract

Hi, im looking forward to buy a Moto X AT&T no contract from Motorola.com, i live outside U.S.A (Costa Rica) My question is, can  I use this phone with a local company? (same at&t bands)  Is AT&T going to provide me a unlock code for a no contract phone?

Message 1 of 7
Community Manager

Re: Moto X No-contract

AT&T only unlocks phones for it's current and former subscribers and if an unlock code is available (and I don't know if it is for Moto X). Moto X is available unlocked and carrier free on motorola.com or Amazon, that's what you want to buy.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Master

I agree with ATTDmitryCM. Purchasing the phone unlocked from Motorola.com/Amazon is a much better idea. That way, there is no unlock code hassle, yadda, yadda, yadda.

On another note, it looks like a pretty neat phone. CHEAP, too - just the way I like 'em. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Hello Dmitriy,

I have a question. I plan to buy a no-contract AT&T Moto X through Motorola.com with full price. If I'm an AT&T user (for another phone), can I request AT&T to unlock the newly-bought Moto X?

Thanks so much!

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Hello Dmitriy,

I have a question. I plan to buy a no-contract AT&T Moto X through Motorola.com with full price. If I'm an AT&T user (for another phone), can I request AT&T to unlock the newly-bought Moto X?

Thanks so much!
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

It is best to buy the unlocked version. AT&T will sometimes not unlock a new phone for a certain amount of time so if you plan on using it on a non-AT&T account, you are better off buying the unlocked version. It is usually the same price as the no contract phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

If you click on Dmitriy's name, it will pop up another page with a link to send him a private message. That is the best contact.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support