Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 2, 2013
11:15:34 PM
View profile
Moto X No-contract

Hi, im looking forward to buy a Moto X AT&T no contract from Motorola.com, i live outside U.S.A (Costa Rica) My question is, can  I use this phone with a local company? (same at&t bands)  Is AT&T going to provide me a unlock code for a no contract phone?

Hi, im looking forward to buy a Moto X AT&T no contract from Motorola.com, i live outside U.S.A (Costa Rica) My question is, can  I use this phone with a local company? (same at&t bands)  Is AT&T going to provide me a unlock code for a no contract phone?

Moto X No-contract

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 8:18:21 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:18:47 AM

AT&T only unlocks phones for it's current and former subscribers and if an unlock code is available (and I don't know if it is for Moto X). Moto X is available unlocked and carrier free on motorola.com or Amazon, that's what you want to buy.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

AT&T only unlocks phones for it's current and former subscribers and if an unlock code is available (and I don't know if it is for Moto X). Moto X is available unlocked and carrier free on motorola.com or Amazon, that's what you want to buy.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Moto X No-contract

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 7:05:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I agree with ATTDmitryCM. Purchasing the phone unlocked from Motorola.com/Amazon is a much better idea. That way, there is no unlock code hassle, yadda, yadda, yadda.

On another note, it looks like a pretty neat phone. CHEAP, too - just the way I like 'em. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I agree with ATTDmitryCM. Purchasing the phone unlocked from Motorola.com/Amazon is a much better idea. That way, there is no unlock code hassle, yadda, yadda, yadda.

On another note, it looks like a pretty neat phone. CHEAP, too - just the way I like 'em. Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (1,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 4:35:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello Dmitriy,

I have a question. I plan to buy a no-contract AT&T Moto X through Motorola.com with full price. If I'm an AT&T user (for another phone), can I request AT&T to unlock the newly-bought Moto X?

Thanks so much!

Hello Dmitriy,

I have a question. I plan to buy a no-contract AT&T Moto X through Motorola.com with full price. If I'm an AT&T user (for another phone), can I request AT&T to unlock the newly-bought Moto X?

Thanks so much!

4 of 7 (1,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 4:39:49 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hello Dmitriy,

Thanks so much!
Hello Dmitriy,

Thanks so much!

5 of 7 (1,368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 9:18:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It is best to buy the unlocked version. AT&T will sometimes not unlock a new phone for a certain amount of time so if you plan on using it on a non-AT&T account, you are better off buying the unlocked version. It is usually the same price as the no contract phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
It is best to buy the unlocked version. AT&T will sometimes not unlock a new phone for a certain amount of time so if you plan on using it on a non-AT&T account, you are better off buying the unlocked version. It is usually the same price as the no contract phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (1,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 5:41:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you click on Dmitriy's name, it will pop up another page with a link to send him a private message. That is the best contact.
If you click on Dmitriy's name, it will pop up another page with a link to send him a private message. That is the best contact.

7 of 7 (1,182 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments