Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Sep 22, 2013
9:35:55 AM
View profile
More unlimited data plan stuff..

I see here that many 'customers' of at&t have had or are having problems with the way the data plans are presented.  Add me to this mix.  From other stuff I read here it also appears that at&t has no regard to customer loyalty.  'Show us the money, or get lost' seems to be the attitude.

 

After 4 company buyouts and over 15+ years of service I can't get one small item resolved.  I have three phones on an older family plan (the plan is old, actually the family is old, too), two are smartphones with the unlimited data plan and mine is a dumb phone, also with an unlimited data plan.  Originally, I was told that the third unlimited non-smartphone plan could be upgraded to the unlimited smart phone plan at any time. 

Now, however, they will not honor that.  If I change to a new phone then I get a limited plan and from what I gather from reading these posts, it's not only data amount limited (3gigs if I choose that) but now also speed crippled.  The sales department keeps saying it won't make a difference but if that's the case, gimme my unlimited plan. 

 

How long does the 3gig data last most users?

Is it worth the fight?

I'm about ready to change just 'because' and the loss of 3 phones sure doesn't make a difference.

How about the 33 company phones (att) I service?

 

tm


 

 

 

 

I see here that many 'customers' of at&t have had or are having problems with the way the data plans are presented.  Add me to this mix.  From other stuff I read here it also appears that at&t has no regard to customer loyalty.  'Show us the money, or get lost' seems to be the attitude.

 

After 4 company buyouts and over 15+ years of service I can't get one small item resolved.  I have three phones on an older family plan (the plan is old, actually the family is old, too), two are smartphones with the unlimited data plan and mine is a dumb phone, also with an unlimited data plan.  Originally, I was told that the third unlimited non-smartphone plan could be upgraded to the unlimited smart phone plan at any time. 

Now, however, they will not honor that.  If I change to a new phone then I get a limited plan and from what I gather from reading these posts, it's not only data amount limited (3gigs if I choose that) but now also speed crippled.  The sales department keeps saying it won't make a difference but if that's the case, gimme my unlimited plan. 

 

How long does the 3gig data last most users?

Is it worth the fight?

I'm about ready to change just 'because' and the loss of 3 phones sure doesn't make a difference.

How about the 33 company phones (att) I service?

 

tm


 

 

 

 

More unlimited data plan stuff..

1,278 views
21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(21)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 3:10:15 PM
0
(0)
Former Employee

tm298 wrote:

I see here that many 'customers' of at&t have had or are having problems with the way the data plans are presented.  Add me to this mix.  From other stuff I read here it also appears that at&t has no regard to customer loyalty.  'Show us the money, or get lost' seems to be the attitude.

 

After 4 company buyouts and over 15+ years of service I can't get one small item resolved.  I have three phones on an older family plan (the plan is old, actually the family is old, too), two are smartphones with the unlimited data plan and mine is a dumb phone, also with an unlimited data plan.  Originally, I was told that the third unlimited non-smartphone plan could be upgraded to the unlimited smart phone plan at any time. 

Now, however, they will not honor that.  If I change to a new phone then I get a limited plan and from what I gather from reading these posts, it's not only data amount limited (3gigs if I choose that) but now also speed crippled.  The sales department keeps saying it won't make a difference but if that's the case, gimme my unlimited plan. 

 

How long does the 3gig data last most users?

Is it worth the fight?

I'm about ready to change just 'because' and the loss of 3 phones sure doesn't make a difference.

How about the 33 company phones (att) I service?

 

tm


 

 

 

 


Sorry you were given bad information but the smart phone unlimited plan and non-smart phone unlimited plan are two totally different plans and the smart phone unlimited plan was discontinued over 3 years ago. Only people who already have that plan can keep it when they upgrade. 


tm298 wrote:

I see here that many 'customers' of at&t have had or are having problems with the way the data plans are presented.  Add me to this mix.  From other stuff I read here it also appears that at&t has no regard to customer loyalty.  'Show us the money, or get lost' seems to be the attitude.

 

After 4 company buyouts and over 15+ years of service I can't get one small item resolved.  I have three phones on an older family plan (the plan is old, actually the family is old, too), two are smartphones with the unlimited data plan and mine is a dumb phone, also with an unlimited data plan.  Originally, I was told that the third unlimited non-smartphone plan could be upgraded to the unlimited smart phone plan at any time. 

Now, however, they will not honor that.  If I change to a new phone then I get a limited plan and from what I gather from reading these posts, it's not only data amount limited (3gigs if I choose that) but now also speed crippled.  The sales department keeps saying it won't make a difference but if that's the case, gimme my unlimited plan. 

 

How long does the 3gig data last most users?

Is it worth the fight?

I'm about ready to change just 'because' and the loss of 3 phones sure doesn't make a difference.

How about the 33 company phones (att) I service?

 

tm


 

 

 

 


Sorry you were given bad information but the smart phone unlimited plan and non-smart phone unlimited plan are two totally different plans and the smart phone unlimited plan was discontinued over 3 years ago. Only people who already have that plan can keep it when they upgrade. 

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

2 of 22 (1,237 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:02:54 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

Yup, and it was over three years ago that I was told that story.

 

Thing is, it's always someone elses fault, or someone else didn't know what they were talking about, or someone else didn't have all the information or someone else did it.

 

Funny that there's no mention of the other questions I asked.  I can understand no response for customer loyalty - att has no regard for that.  And a discussion of crippled bandwidth would turn into an admission of guilt, probably for bait-and-switch, at least.

 

But it's interesting that you, as an employee, can provide NO incentive and reasoning to upgrade or even continue service with this company.  Are you in sales? 

Yup, and it was over three years ago that I was told that story.

 

Thing is, it's always someone elses fault, or someone else didn't know what they were talking about, or someone else didn't have all the information or someone else did it.

 

Funny that there's no mention of the other questions I asked.  I can understand no response for customer loyalty - att has no regard for that.  And a discussion of crippled bandwidth would turn into an admission of guilt, probably for bait-and-switch, at least.

 

But it's interesting that you, as an employee, can provide NO incentive and reasoning to upgrade or even continue service with this company.  Are you in sales? 

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

3 of 22 (1,226 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:17:48 PM
0
(0)
Former Employee

tm298 wrote:

Yup, and it was over three years ago that I was told that story.

 

Thing is, it's always someone elses fault, or someone else didn't know what they were talking about, or someone else didn't have all the information or someone else did it.

 

Funny that there's no mention of the other questions I asked.  I can understand no response for customer loyalty - att has no regard for that.  And a discussion of crippled bandwidth would turn into an admission of guilt, probably for bait-and-switch, at least.

 

But it's interesting that you, as an employee, can provide NO incentive and reasoning to upgrade or even continue service with this company.  Are you in sales? 


Had I known you were talking about something were told more than 3 years ago, I would not have responded at all. When they told you that back then, it probably was true. One they discontinued the smartphone unlimited plan, whatever they told you became invalid.

 

Anyway, no, I'm not in sales or customer support. I have nothing to do with the wireless business. I'm just another user like yourself. As for incentive to stay with ATT, you should stay because they provide the service you need where you need it at a price you are willing to pay. There is a reason why other carriers cost less and that is because they just don't have as good a network. That wasn't so true a few years ago but ATT has spent billions the last few years improving the network and the results are now showing. 

 

As for attempting to answer your other questions, you asked how long 3gb lasts most users. Few users use that much data (I believe less than 5% of users). Only people who stream a lot of video use that much data. Personally, I've never gone over 1gb in a month. So, if they throttle unlimited users at 3gb anyway, why won't they give you the unlimited plan? Because the plan was discontinued, simple as that. They don't give it to any line that doesn't already have it. 


tm298 wrote:

Yup, and it was over three years ago that I was told that story.

 

Thing is, it's always someone elses fault, or someone else didn't know what they were talking about, or someone else didn't have all the information or someone else did it.

 

Funny that there's no mention of the other questions I asked.  I can understand no response for customer loyalty - att has no regard for that.  And a discussion of crippled bandwidth would turn into an admission of guilt, probably for bait-and-switch, at least.

 

But it's interesting that you, as an employee, can provide NO incentive and reasoning to upgrade or even continue service with this company.  Are you in sales? 


Had I known you were talking about something were told more than 3 years ago, I would not have responded at all. When they told you that back then, it probably was true. One they discontinued the smartphone unlimited plan, whatever they told you became invalid.

 

Anyway, no, I'm not in sales or customer support. I have nothing to do with the wireless business. I'm just another user like yourself. As for incentive to stay with ATT, you should stay because they provide the service you need where you need it at a price you are willing to pay. There is a reason why other carriers cost less and that is because they just don't have as good a network. That wasn't so true a few years ago but ATT has spent billions the last few years improving the network and the results are now showing. 

 

As for attempting to answer your other questions, you asked how long 3gb lasts most users. Few users use that much data (I believe less than 5% of users). Only people who stream a lot of video use that much data. Personally, I've never gone over 1gb in a month. So, if they throttle unlimited users at 3gb anyway, why won't they give you the unlimited plan? Because the plan was discontinued, simple as that. They don't give it to any line that doesn't already have it. 

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

4 of 22 (1,213 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 1:19:49 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Ok I will weigh in here too.... This is a real sore spot and it's ridiculous to continue to roll over for companies that choose to be less than ethical.
The 4G LTE service was forced onto us at some point. It's ATT's most advanced network service-compared to a race car able to meet the needs of all your network devices streaming high Def movies, streaming music and also able to handle online gaming. The only catch is you will pay for this monthly service and if you utilize the service in the manner ATT advertises you should you will be throttled down after day 1 of biling cycle. These are the terms laid out in fair use agreement, because everyone should know unlimited has its huge limitations and race cars rarely try to go top speed for more than the first lap.


Greed plain and simple. We are paying for a service that is sold as a solution to all network devices we own... Capable of everything we could require, and then ATT acts as if they are being charged for the amount of information through their network and therefore will have to pass those costs on to users responsible for using the service they advertise as advertised. Right now my status bar claims I am receiving 4G LTE service. What I am receiving is speeds slightly greater than edge. If it were really an issue of fair use wouldn't I be bumped from network put on 3g so others could get their fair use. Which is more word play. FAIR USE is not the responsibility of the customer at the cost of the customers ability to use network speeds they paid for. This is ATT's responsibility to provide what meets the demands of consumers who pay ATTs named price for access to a network with speeds promised..... Fair is giving us what is being paid for
Ok I will weigh in here too.... This is a real sore spot and it's ridiculous to continue to roll over for companies that choose to be less than ethical.
The 4G LTE service was forced onto us at some point. It's ATT's most advanced network service-compared to a race car able to meet the needs of all your network devices streaming high Def movies, streaming music and also able to handle online gaming. The only catch is you will pay for this monthly service and if you utilize the service in the manner ATT advertises you should you will be throttled down after day 1 of biling cycle. These are the terms laid out in fair use agreement, because everyone should know unlimited has its huge limitations and race cars rarely try to go top speed for more than the first lap.


Greed plain and simple. We are paying for a service that is sold as a solution to all network devices we own... Capable of everything we could require, and then ATT acts as if they are being charged for the amount of information through their network and therefore will have to pass those costs on to users responsible for using the service they advertise as advertised. Right now my status bar claims I am receiving 4G LTE service. What I am receiving is speeds slightly greater than edge. If it were really an issue of fair use wouldn't I be bumped from network put on 3g so others could get their fair use. Which is more word play. FAIR USE is not the responsibility of the customer at the cost of the customers ability to use network speeds they paid for. This is ATT's responsibility to provide what meets the demands of consumers who pay ATTs named price for access to a network with speeds promised..... Fair is giving us what is being paid for

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

5 of 22 (1,094 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 3:20:02 PM
0
(0)
Expert

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Ok I will weigh in here too.... This is a real sore spot and it's ridiculous to continue to roll over for companies that choose to be less than ethical.
The 4G LTE service was forced onto us at some point. It's ATT's most advanced network service-compared to a race car able to meet the needs of all your network devices streaming high Def movies, streaming music and also able to handle online gaming. The only catch is you will pay for this monthly service and if you utilize the service in the manner ATT advertises you should you will be throttled down after day 1 of biling cycle. These are the terms laid out in fair use agreement, because everyone should know unlimited has its huge limitations and race cars rarely try to go top speed for more than the first lap.


Greed plain and simple. We are paying for a service that is sold as a solution to all network devices we own... Capable of everything we could require, and then ATT acts as if they are being charged for the amount of information through their network and therefore will have to pass those costs on to users responsible for using the service they advertise as advertised. Right now my status bar claims I am receiving 4G LTE service. What I am receiving is speeds slightly greater than edge. If it were really an issue of fair use wouldn't I be bumped from network put on 3g so others could get their fair use. Which is more word play. FAIR USE is not the responsibility of the customer at the cost of the customers ability to use network speeds they paid for. This is ATT's responsibility to provide what meets the demands of consumers who pay ATTs named price for access to a network with speeds promised..... Fair is giving us what is being paid for

you are still getting unlimited data up to the throttle cap at unthrottled speeds, when you pass the cap you are still getting unlimited data just not at the spends you feel you deserve. Since there are no overages charges just throttling, there is no greed about it. Please documented exactly where the carrier promised you anything about data speeds, becasue they don;t do that.

 

If you want unthrottled data, switch to a tiered or shared plan, then you can police your own usage and any overages come ot of you pocket, stay on the discontinued plan the let the carrier police it for you.


RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Ok I will weigh in here too.... This is a real sore spot and it's ridiculous to continue to roll over for companies that choose to be less than ethical.
The 4G LTE service was forced onto us at some point. It's ATT's most advanced network service-compared to a race car able to meet the needs of all your network devices streaming high Def movies, streaming music and also able to handle online gaming. The only catch is you will pay for this monthly service and if you utilize the service in the manner ATT advertises you should you will be throttled down after day 1 of biling cycle. These are the terms laid out in fair use agreement, because everyone should know unlimited has its huge limitations and race cars rarely try to go top speed for more than the first lap.


Greed plain and simple. We are paying for a service that is sold as a solution to all network devices we own... Capable of everything we could require, and then ATT acts as if they are being charged for the amount of information through their network and therefore will have to pass those costs on to users responsible for using the service they advertise as advertised. Right now my status bar claims I am receiving 4G LTE service. What I am receiving is speeds slightly greater than edge. If it were really an issue of fair use wouldn't I be bumped from network put on 3g so others could get their fair use. Which is more word play. FAIR USE is not the responsibility of the customer at the cost of the customers ability to use network speeds they paid for. This is ATT's responsibility to provide what meets the demands of consumers who pay ATTs named price for access to a network with speeds promised..... Fair is giving us what is being paid for

you are still getting unlimited data up to the throttle cap at unthrottled speeds, when you pass the cap you are still getting unlimited data just not at the spends you feel you deserve. Since there are no overages charges just throttling, there is no greed about it. Please documented exactly where the carrier promised you anything about data speeds, becasue they don;t do that.

 

If you want unthrottled data, switch to a tiered or shared plan, then you can police your own usage and any overages come ot of you pocket, stay on the discontinued plan the let the carrier police it for you.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

6 of 22 (1,089 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 1:24:44 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
I honestly don't understand why you believe this is good business... Or ethical. It's called bait and switch and it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. They advertise the 4G plan as a solution to all your network needs...... Yet it comes nowhere near being able to meet those needs at any advertised price plan.

And what you are missing is the entire cost is based on the speed of 4G LTE. So yes is a rate plan is what I am paying for and that rate plan is labeled unlimited, then I have every right to feel deceived. In my opinion based on the fact that there is NO mention of that in their ads either in commentary or even small print at the end of the ad- it is saved for small print on contract for the reason of getting you sold, in the store, and 2 year committed. The first time you here of this issue is when they send you warning that it's about to happen.
Then it's not knocked off 4G access to next level speed-you are still on the network but at turtles pace. No where in their ad campaign is there any hint that I will be on network crawling along at edge speeds..... Its all zoom, zoom, hd movie streaming, online gaming, race cars, wax lops and rainbows.

Also your statement about discounted plan..... What discount? You mean if I go over the allowed limit I am getting a discount? I would sure hope so.... Since my plan is unlimited it's not a discount.... And since my speeds are equivalent of edge network..... I wouldn't call it a discount. The problem with your shielding att from accusations of poor ethics is that you fail to grasp the fact that it costs the company nothing more..... They are not a middle man also paying for GB in bulk and reselling them. It's called unlimited data, and I pay for 4G LTE speed, on a monthly service plan..... My data is limited to 5GB at the speed I pay for. 29 to 30 day of my monthly service is spent far below advertised speeds. No, you're right that seems legit.... I should pay them more money....
I honestly don't understand why you believe this is good business... Or ethical. It's called bait and switch and it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. They advertise the 4G plan as a solution to all your network needs...... Yet it comes nowhere near being able to meet those needs at any advertised price plan.

And what you are missing is the entire cost is based on the speed of 4G LTE. So yes is a rate plan is what I am paying for and that rate plan is labeled unlimited, then I have every right to feel deceived. In my opinion based on the fact that there is NO mention of that in their ads either in commentary or even small print at the end of the ad- it is saved for small print on contract for the reason of getting you sold, in the store, and 2 year committed. The first time you here of this issue is when they send you warning that it's about to happen.
Then it's not knocked off 4G access to next level speed-you are still on the network but at turtles pace. No where in their ad campaign is there any hint that I will be on network crawling along at edge speeds..... Its all zoom, zoom, hd movie streaming, online gaming, race cars, wax lops and rainbows.

Also your statement about discounted plan..... What discount? You mean if I go over the allowed limit I am getting a discount? I would sure hope so.... Since my plan is unlimited it's not a discount.... And since my speeds are equivalent of edge network..... I wouldn't call it a discount. The problem with your shielding att from accusations of poor ethics is that you fail to grasp the fact that it costs the company nothing more..... They are not a middle man also paying for GB in bulk and reselling them. It's called unlimited data, and I pay for 4G LTE speed, on a monthly service plan..... My data is limited to 5GB at the speed I pay for. 29 to 30 day of my monthly service is spent far below advertised speeds. No, you're right that seems legit.... I should pay them more money....

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

7 of 22 (1,071 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 3:29:49 AM
0
(0)
Expert

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
I honestly don't understand why you believe this is good business... Or ethical. It's called bait and switch and it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. They advertise the 4G plan as a solution to all your network needs...... Yet it comes nowhere near being able to meet those needs at any advertised price plan.

And what you are missing is the entire cost is based on the speed of 4G LTE. So yes is a rate plan is what I am paying for and that rate plan is labeled unlimited, then I have every right to feel deceived. In my opinion based on the fact that there is NO mention of that in their ads either in commentary or even small print at the end of the ad- it is saved for small print on contract for the reason of getting you sold, in the store, and 2 year committed. The first time you here of this issue is when they send you warning that it's about to happen.
Then it's not knocked off 4G access to next level speed-you are still on the network but at turtles pace. No where in their ad campaign is there any hint that I will be on network crawling along at edge speeds..... Its all zoom, zoom, hd movie streaming, online gaming, race cars, wax lops and rainbows.

Also your statement about discounted plan..... What discount? You mean if I go over the allowed limit I am getting a discount? I would sure hope so.... Since my plan is unlimited it's not a discount.... And since my speeds are equivalent of edge network..... I wouldn't call it a discount. The problem with your shielding att from accusations of poor ethics is that you fail to grasp the fact that it costs the company nothing more..... They are not a middle man also paying for GB in bulk and reselling them. It's called unlimited data, and I pay for 4G LTE speed, on a monthly service plan..... My data is limited to 5GB at the speed I pay for. 29 to 30 day of my monthly service is spent far below advertised speeds. No, you're right that seems legit.... I should pay them more money....

discontinued not discounted.

 

Again, the plan is discontinued, what speed do yo pay for? I reviewed the tos and fup and no where does it dictated a promise of a set speed, the term "up to" is more appropriate. The plan is discontinued, they should have sunsetted it instead of grandfathering it. Verizon has the right idea on their discontinued plan - want a subsidized phone then cancel you discontinued unlimited plan and switch to tiered, want to keep the plan then pay full price.

 

Bottom line - there is no where in the agreement that promises a consistant transfer rate, you are confusing advertised possible speeds with the promise that you will always recieve those speeds no matter what.


RaoulDuke79 wrote:
I honestly don't understand why you believe this is good business... Or ethical. It's called bait and switch and it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. They advertise the 4G plan as a solution to all your network needs...... Yet it comes nowhere near being able to meet those needs at any advertised price plan.

And what you are missing is the entire cost is based on the speed of 4G LTE. So yes is a rate plan is what I am paying for and that rate plan is labeled unlimited, then I have every right to feel deceived. In my opinion based on the fact that there is NO mention of that in their ads either in commentary or even small print at the end of the ad- it is saved for small print on contract for the reason of getting you sold, in the store, and 2 year committed. The first time you here of this issue is when they send you warning that it's about to happen.
Then it's not knocked off 4G access to next level speed-you are still on the network but at turtles pace. No where in their ad campaign is there any hint that I will be on network crawling along at edge speeds..... Its all zoom, zoom, hd movie streaming, online gaming, race cars, wax lops and rainbows.

Also your statement about discounted plan..... What discount? You mean if I go over the allowed limit I am getting a discount? I would sure hope so.... Since my plan is unlimited it's not a discount.... And since my speeds are equivalent of edge network..... I wouldn't call it a discount. The problem with your shielding att from accusations of poor ethics is that you fail to grasp the fact that it costs the company nothing more..... They are not a middle man also paying for GB in bulk and reselling them. It's called unlimited data, and I pay for 4G LTE speed, on a monthly service plan..... My data is limited to 5GB at the speed I pay for. 29 to 30 day of my monthly service is spent far below advertised speeds. No, you're right that seems legit.... I should pay them more money....

discontinued not discounted.

 

Again, the plan is discontinued, what speed do yo pay for? I reviewed the tos and fup and no where does it dictated a promise of a set speed, the term "up to" is more appropriate. The plan is discontinued, they should have sunsetted it instead of grandfathering it. Verizon has the right idea on their discontinued plan - want a subsidized phone then cancel you discontinued unlimited plan and switch to tiered, want to keep the plan then pay full price.

 

Bottom line - there is no where in the agreement that promises a consistant transfer rate, you are confusing advertised possible speeds with the promise that you will always recieve those speeds no matter what.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

8 of 22 (1,064 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 8:49:09 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by tm298 on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:50:04 AM

So, I'd like to know how many of the 'contributors' in the forum are either employees or paid shills to smooth over any insurrections. Is there not one employee or other promoter who has an opinion different than 'att can do no wrong'? Even so, I give credit to the moderators here for allowing folks to air their concerns. As a complete contrast, moderators on the verizon forums censor, actually edit posts and threaten to ban and take legal action for the simplest complaint.

So, I'd like to know how many of the 'contributors' in the forum are either employees or paid shills to smooth over any insurrections. Is there not one employee or other promoter who has an opinion different than 'att can do no wrong'? Even so, I give credit to the moderators here for allowing folks to air their concerns. As a complete contrast, moderators on the verizon forums censor, actually edit posts and threaten to ban and take legal action for the simplest complaint.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

[ Edited ]
9 of 22 (1,048 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 10:45:17 AM
0
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:46:37 AM

tm298 wrote:

So, I'd like to know how many of the 'contributors' in the forum are either employees or paid shills to smooth over any insurrections. Is there not one employee or other promoter who has an opinion different than 'att can do no wrong'? Even so, I give credit to the moderators here for allowing folks to air their concerns. As a complete contrast, moderators on the verizon forums censor, actually edit posts and threaten to ban and take legal action for the simplest complaint.


for all your insinuations, you are wrong. An ATT employee will automagicly have a signature block indicating that they are an employee along with a disclaimer stating that the postings are their opinions and do not reflect the companies.

 

As far as "paid shills" there are none, just because replies to not conincide with what you feel is the way it should be does not mean anyone is paid to speak the ATT corporate line, that is just a insult to the people that come here to assist. Been with ATT since before the court ordered break up of Mommy Bell, both personally and with the company I own. Over those decades I have dealt with wireless, special services, copper pair for dedicated voice, and just about every service that ATT and it's affilates offer.

 

 

Over those decades I have had issues with ATT, some resolved to my favor, some not. Unlike most people I actually read all documents that pertain to a legally binding contract, if I don't understand it, I have paid professionals that will explain things. Bottom line - it ain;t stated in the contract It ain't an option.

 

 

As far as forum moderation, they do moderate here, review the terms of service and guide line for the forums to understand what and how they will moderate. The do's and don'ts ar spelled out there

 

By the way I also have accounts for services with both Sprint and Verizon and have never been moderated or threated by their moderators as long as I stayed within the borders of their terms of use for their forums.


tm298 wrote:

So, I'd like to know how many of the 'contributors' in the forum are either employees or paid shills to smooth over any insurrections. Is there not one employee or other promoter who has an opinion different than 'att can do no wrong'? Even so, I give credit to the moderators here for allowing folks to air their concerns. As a complete contrast, moderators on the verizon forums censor, actually edit posts and threaten to ban and take legal action for the simplest complaint.


for all your insinuations, you are wrong. An ATT employee will automagicly have a signature block indicating that they are an employee along with a disclaimer stating that the postings are their opinions and do not reflect the companies.

 

As far as "paid shills" there are none, just because replies to not conincide with what you feel is the way it should be does not mean anyone is paid to speak the ATT corporate line, that is just a insult to the people that come here to assist. Been with ATT since before the court ordered break up of Mommy Bell, both personally and with the company I own. Over those decades I have dealt with wireless, special services, copper pair for dedicated voice, and just about every service that ATT and it's affilates offer.

 

 

Over those decades I have had issues with ATT, some resolved to my favor, some not. Unlike most people I actually read all documents that pertain to a legally binding contract, if I don't understand it, I have paid professionals that will explain things. Bottom line - it ain;t stated in the contract It ain't an option.

 

 

As far as forum moderation, they do moderate here, review the terms of service and guide line for the forums to understand what and how they will moderate. The do's and don'ts ar spelled out there

 

By the way I also have accounts for services with both Sprint and Verizon and have never been moderated or threated by their moderators as long as I stayed within the borders of their terms of use for their forums.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

[ Edited ]
10 of 22 (1,041 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 11:03:54 AM
0
(0)
Employee

AT&T pays people to post stuff on their forums? Pfft, sign me up! Lol Robot LOL

 

Ah, but yeah... no. They don't.  Robot Sad

 

As for "AT&T can do no wrong"... the people behind the screens and phones are just that, people. We all make mistakes, and we do our best to fix them when they are made.  Same goes for the computer systems that handle the accounts and process the orders...  minus the people part. Not everyone sees robots as people. Robot tongue

 

PS. See how I have a lovely little "signiture" at the bottom of my post?  ...I've had my own problems with AT&T, both in store and over the phone.  It happens regardless of what company you're dealing with, phone service or not. (That's life, I guess!)  We're not here to suck up and put AT&T on a throne... we're just here to help provide useful information. Robot wink

 

...yay robots! Robot Happy

AT&T pays people to post stuff on their forums? Pfft, sign me up! Lol Robot LOL

 

Ah, but yeah... no. They don't.  Robot Sad

 

As for "AT&T can do no wrong"... the people behind the screens and phones are just that, people. We all make mistakes, and we do our best to fix them when they are made.  Same goes for the computer systems that handle the accounts and process the orders...  minus the people part. Not everyone sees robots as people. Robot tongue

 

PS. See how I have a lovely little "signiture" at the bottom of my post?  ...I've had my own problems with AT&T, both in store and over the phone.  It happens regardless of what company you're dealing with, phone service or not. (That's life, I guess!)  We're not here to suck up and put AT&T on a throne... we're just here to help provide useful information. Robot wink

 

...yay robots! Robot Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

11 of 22 (1,037 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:05:22 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by RaoulDuke79 on Oct 3, 2013 at 7:32:39 PM

That is my problem actually with the comments of some posters....its not useful info at all. Its too many words being used to say "IT IS WHAT IT IS"..... An attitude I dont subscribe to.....and I really wish people would stop feeling lucky that they are allowed to pay for something that isnt really what they would like....but ehhh...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

 

I understand that access to the network costs money....Ive paid for it and then some I am sure. What I don't understand is a couple people having the complete disconnect when it comes to what they are SELLING and WHAT THEY ARE PURPOSEFULLY NOT PROVIDING. This isnt an "out of 4G LTE service area" where it is clearly stated that I wouldn't have those speeds. Im in the coverage area and on the 4G LTE network.....I am traffic....very very slow traffic. They don't say they are providing a specific speed....but at the same time they do say 10x faster than.....what? The speed tier that I am below despite being in the coverage area.....they have purposefully not supplying me with the speed I am paying for, the speed they suggest in ADs that I should expect if in the coverage area, and (despite you suggesting I should be happy because they didn't have to grandfather me in) they are in fact limiting my UNLIMITED data. ITS NOT A DISCONTINUED PLAN....IT IS GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO REMAINED CUSTOMERS/.ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A BENEFIT FOR LOYALTY AS A LONG TIME CUSTOMER BECAUSE IT COSTS MORE TO GET NEW BUSINESS THAN IT DOES TO KEEP OLD......I AM THE BENEFIT TO THEM...NEVER NEVER NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND. What they did was act as if they were giving something to the long time customers....forced them into 4G LTE and then made the deal much worse by limiting the perk of keeping unlimited data. THAT IS BAIT AND SWITCH....THAT IS NOT ETHICAL and IT SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTABLE

That is my problem actually with the comments of some posters....its not useful info at all. Its too many words being used to say "IT IS WHAT IT IS"..... An attitude I dont subscribe to.....and I really wish people would stop feeling lucky that they are allowed to pay for something that isnt really what they would like....but ehhh...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

 

I understand that access to the network costs money....Ive paid for it and then some I am sure. What I don't understand is a couple people having the complete disconnect when it comes to what they are SELLING and WHAT THEY ARE PURPOSEFULLY NOT PROVIDING. This isnt an "out of 4G LTE service area" where it is clearly stated that I wouldn't have those speeds. Im in the coverage area and on the 4G LTE network.....I am traffic....very very slow traffic. They don't say they are providing a specific speed....but at the same time they do say 10x faster than.....what? The speed tier that I am below despite being in the coverage area.....they have purposefully not supplying me with the speed I am paying for, the speed they suggest in ADs that I should expect if in the coverage area, and (despite you suggesting I should be happy because they didn't have to grandfather me in) they are in fact limiting my UNLIMITED data. ITS NOT A DISCONTINUED PLAN....IT IS GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO REMAINED CUSTOMERS/.ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A BENEFIT FOR LOYALTY AS A LONG TIME CUSTOMER BECAUSE IT COSTS MORE TO GET NEW BUSINESS THAN IT DOES TO KEEP OLD......I AM THE BENEFIT TO THEM...NEVER NEVER NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND. What they did was act as if they were giving something to the long time customers....forced them into 4G LTE and then made the deal much worse by limiting the perk of keeping unlimited data. THAT IS BAIT AND SWITCH....THAT IS NOT ETHICAL and IT SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTABLE

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

[ Edited ]
12 of 22 (959 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 6:41:44 AM
0
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Oct 4, 2013 at 6:44:04 AM

RaoulDuke79 wrote:

ITS NOT A DISCONTINUED PLAN....IT IS GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO REMAINED CUSTOMERS/.ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A BENEFIT FOR LOYALTY AS A LONG TIME CUSTOMER BECAUSE IT COSTS MORE TO GET NEW BUSINESS THAN IT DOES TO KEEP OLD......I AM THE BENEFIT TO THEM...NEVER NEVER NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND. What they did was act as if they were giving something to the long time customers....forced them into 4G LTE and then made the deal much worse by limiting the perk of keeping unlimited data. THAT IS BAIT AND SWITCH....THAT IS NOT ETHICAL and IT SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTABLE


Sorry, but this is wrong. The plan is discontinued. Just like every other plan they offered, when a plan is discontinued, they allow customers that already have it to keep using it and how long you've been a customer has no bearing. That is true for voice plans and text plans as well. My son still has the discontinued 2GB plan, my wife still has the discontinued 200MB plan. Many people still have the discontinued 200 text plan. I had a 850 minute voice plan for several years after it was discontinued. In fact, I didn't even know it was discontinued until I attempted to add a line and had to change to a current plan. You can think of it as a benefit if you want, I don't see it that way. It is just the way they have always done it. 

 

By the way, I still have the unlimited plan and I'm quite sure I would not like being throttled either if I ever used that much data but I'd accept it because I understand why the policy is in place. 


RaoulDuke79 wrote:

ITS NOT A DISCONTINUED PLAN....IT IS GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO REMAINED CUSTOMERS/.ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A BENEFIT FOR LOYALTY AS A LONG TIME CUSTOMER BECAUSE IT COSTS MORE TO GET NEW BUSINESS THAN IT DOES TO KEEP OLD......I AM THE BENEFIT TO THEM...NEVER NEVER NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND. What they did was act as if they were giving something to the long time customers....forced them into 4G LTE and then made the deal much worse by limiting the perk of keeping unlimited data. THAT IS BAIT AND SWITCH....THAT IS NOT ETHICAL and IT SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTABLE


Sorry, but this is wrong. The plan is discontinued. Just like every other plan they offered, when a plan is discontinued, they allow customers that already have it to keep using it and how long you've been a customer has no bearing. That is true for voice plans and text plans as well. My son still has the discontinued 2GB plan, my wife still has the discontinued 200MB plan. Many people still have the discontinued 200 text plan. I had a 850 minute voice plan for several years after it was discontinued. In fact, I didn't even know it was discontinued until I attempted to add a line and had to change to a current plan. You can think of it as a benefit if you want, I don't see it that way. It is just the way they have always done it. 

 

By the way, I still have the unlimited plan and I'm quite sure I would not like being throttled either if I ever used that much data but I'd accept it because I understand why the policy is in place. 

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

[ Edited ]
13 of 22 (923 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 3:50:17 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
AT&T just wants you to pay for overusage, because today normal people who use youtube skype and other apps will go over 5 gigs in first week.

And they throttle us, unlimited data users. Its so annoying. To be fair their network is the best. But their greedy policies are disgusting.
AT&T just wants you to pay for overusage, because today normal people who use youtube skype and other apps will go over 5 gigs in first week.

And they throttle us, unlimited data users. Its so annoying. To be fair their network is the best. But their greedy policies are disgusting.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

14 of 22 (685 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 6:16:28 PM
0
(0)
Expert

vladi_ak wrote:
AT&T just wants you to pay for overusage, because today normal people who use youtube skype and other apps will go over 5 gigs in first week.

And they throttle us, unlimited data users. Its so annoying. To be fair their network is the best. But their greedy policies are disgusting.

2 choices

 

1. stay on the discontinued unlimited plan and let att control your overages

 

2. switch to a tiered or shared plan and let your pocket book control your overages.

 

Have the unlimited plan and have never hit the throttle limit and I have a multitude of business apps on my phone.


vladi_ak wrote:
AT&T just wants you to pay for overusage, because today normal people who use youtube skype and other apps will go over 5 gigs in first week.

And they throttle us, unlimited data users. Its so annoying. To be fair their network is the best. But their greedy policies are disgusting.

2 choices

 

1. stay on the discontinued unlimited plan and let att control your overages

 

2. switch to a tiered or shared plan and let your pocket book control your overages.

 

Have the unlimited plan and have never hit the throttle limit and I have a multitude of business apps on my phone.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

15 of 22 (677 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 2:53:22 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
I've been a customer since 1997. When the unlimited plan was available I got it. But when I upgraded I was forced to the route of the new crappy plan and it's getting out of control with overages and my phone getting shut off. How do I get my unlimited plan back and grandfathered in like the way it should have been? Or basically will AT&T do the right thing for a long term loyal customer? Everyone except Verizon and AT&T still has unlimited data done even unlimited text and data. I know a lot of people who have switched. But, I honestly would not like to if my hand isn't forced to. With the exception of getting screwed out of the unlimited plan I had and still should have!!! I love AT&T and never had a problem with reception or dropped call etc.
So I ask. Please AT&T are you willing to do the right thing and correct this problem. Or am I going to have to switch companies so I can do real food shopping instead if going to a food bank.
Does your Company care about its customers or is it just another case of wanting the almighty dollar more?
I've been a customer since 1997. When the unlimited plan was available I got it. But when I upgraded I was forced to the route of the new crappy plan and it's getting out of control with overages and my phone getting shut off. How do I get my unlimited plan back and grandfathered in like the way it should have been? Or basically will AT&T do the right thing for a long term loyal customer? Everyone except Verizon and AT&T still has unlimited data done even unlimited text and data. I know a lot of people who have switched. But, I honestly would not like to if my hand isn't forced to. With the exception of getting screwed out of the unlimited plan I had and still should have!!! I love AT&T and never had a problem with reception or dropped call etc.
So I ask. Please AT&T are you willing to do the right thing and correct this problem. Or am I going to have to switch companies so I can do real food shopping instead if going to a food bank.
Does your Company care about its customers or is it just another case of wanting the almighty dollar more?

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

16 of 22 (566 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 5:46:02 PM
0
(0)
Expert

Annihilator1701 wrote:
I've been a customer since 1997. When the unlimited plan was available I got it. But when I upgraded I was forced to the route of the new crappy plan and it's getting out of control with overages and my phone getting shut off. How do I get my unlimited plan back and grandfathered in like the way it should have been? Or basically will AT&T do the right thing for a long term loyal customer? Everyone except Verizon and AT&T still has unlimited data done even unlimited text and data. I know a lot of people who have switched. But, I honestly would not like to if my hand isn't forced to. With the exception of getting screwed out of the unlimited plan I had and still should have!!! I love AT&T and never had a problem with reception or dropped call etc.
So I ask. Please AT&T are you willing to do the right thing and correct this problem. Or am I going to have to switch companies so I can do real food shopping instead if going to a food bank.
Does your Company care about its customers or is it just another case of wanting the almighty dollar more?

If you did not speak up when it was changed or if you changed it by choice chances of getting it back is slim to none, the plan is discontinued


Annihilator1701 wrote:
I've been a customer since 1997. When the unlimited plan was available I got it. But when I upgraded I was forced to the route of the new crappy plan and it's getting out of control with overages and my phone getting shut off. How do I get my unlimited plan back and grandfathered in like the way it should have been? Or basically will AT&T do the right thing for a long term loyal customer? Everyone except Verizon and AT&T still has unlimited data done even unlimited text and data. I know a lot of people who have switched. But, I honestly would not like to if my hand isn't forced to. With the exception of getting screwed out of the unlimited plan I had and still should have!!! I love AT&T and never had a problem with reception or dropped call etc.
So I ask. Please AT&T are you willing to do the right thing and correct this problem. Or am I going to have to switch companies so I can do real food shopping instead if going to a food bank.
Does your Company care about its customers or is it just another case of wanting the almighty dollar more?

If you did not speak up when it was changed or if you changed it by choice chances of getting it back is slim to none, the plan is discontinued

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

17 of 22 (558 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 5:06:29 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Wish I knew that earlier. It was not changed by choice. No one is that crazy.
Wish I knew that earlier. It was not changed by choice. No one is that crazy.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

18 of 22 (549 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 9:07:40 AM
0
(0)
Expert

Annihilator1701 wrote:
Wish I knew that earlier. It was not changed by choice. No one is that crazy.

the only difference is with a tiered you have to take the responsiblity for watching your data usage, overages result in getting dinged in the checkbook, with the discontinued unlimited plan att takes responsibility for controling your data usage and throttles data rate down to edge speeds till the end of the current billing cycle. 3GB for 3G and 5GB for LTE are the caps.


Annihilator1701 wrote:
Wish I knew that earlier. It was not changed by choice. No one is that crazy.

the only difference is with a tiered you have to take the responsiblity for watching your data usage, overages result in getting dinged in the checkbook, with the discontinued unlimited plan att takes responsibility for controling your data usage and throttles data rate down to edge speeds till the end of the current billing cycle. 3GB for 3G and 5GB for LTE are the caps.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

19 of 22 (539 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 1:16:08 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Hmm that might work. I don't care about being throttled down if it will help save me from overages. But at the same rate we all know to fix the problem and get my unlimited back. There aren't any excuses as to it being done. I know it happen. But even a 5 year old would know how to fix it.
Hmm that might work. I don't care about being throttled down if it will help save me from overages. But at the same rate we all know to fix the problem and get my unlimited back. There aren't any excuses as to it being done. I know it happen. But even a 5 year old would know how to fix it.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

20 of 22 (504 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 1:16:26 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
I know it won't happen.
I know it won't happen.

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

21 of 22 (503 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 2:03:03 PM
0
(0)
Expert

Annihilator1701 wrote:
Hmm that might work. I don't care about being throttled down if it will help save me from overages. But at the same rate we all know to fix the problem and get my unlimited back. There aren't any excuses as to it being done. I know it happen. But even a 5 year old would know how to fix it.

but does a five year old know corporate policy, and no excuses needed for that


Annihilator1701 wrote:
Hmm that might work. I don't care about being throttled down if it will help save me from overages. But at the same rate we all know to fix the problem and get my unlimited back. There aren't any excuses as to it being done. I know it happen. But even a 5 year old would know how to fix it.

but does a five year old know corporate policy, and no excuses needed for that

Re: More unlimited data plan stuff..

22 of 22 (473 Views)
Share this post
Share this post