Mobile plan?

Contributor

Mobile plan?

Hi, I'm a new people to the community and tech world. i'm looking to buy a smartphone .

I have a few one in my mind and the last part is  the plan. i looked at the plan that att give me,the only is available is the Mobile shared plans. I choose the $20 300MB. But then it add "Mobile Shared Plans" $50 and the total I have to pay is $70 each month . My question is there a way that I can cancel the "Mobile Shared Plans" and remain at $20 each month. Since I only use data for my phones and I don't have another 10 device to use "Mobile Shared Plans". I'm looking a cheap plan .

Message 1 of 7 (366 Views)
Employee

Re: Mobile plan?

That is the cheapest plan available. The $20 is just the cost of the data, the $50 is to add the phone to it. The cost to add a smartphone to a mobile share plan is less as you increase the cost of data.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (337 Views)
Employee

You could look at prepaid service for a cheaper plan, however, the only thing you will find under $40 on prepaid is for basic phones only. If you wish to stay post paid then you can pick the $20 300 mb mobile share and use a basic phone at $30 instead of the $50 smartphone
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (336 Views)
Employee

another thing to consider is just purchasing a tablet if you're only using data, they are only $10 to add to a mobile share plan.
Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 7 (335 Views)
Contributor

This is why I ask the question. Can I get a $20 plan for my smartphones. Because like HTC, Samsung, iPhone it about $99->$199. I wonder If I can get a $100 phone and a $20 contract.

I was making the Moto X on the Motorola website. It cost $99 and $20 on 2yrs contract. But when I ggo to the AT&T store and do the same thing, the bill hop up to $70 a Month.

I was confuse. 

That why I ask 

Please Help

Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)
Employee

It's not $20, that is just the cost for the data, to add the device it's $50. That piece of information is just left out.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7 (320 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

See this link, the top shows the data tiers and the bottom shows device cost to add it to the tiers:

http://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/data-plans.html?referrer=
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7 (319 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.