Mobile plan?

Contributor

Mobile plan?

Hi, I'm a new people to the community and tech world. i'm looking to buy a smartphone .

I have a few one in my mind and the last part is  the plan. i looked at the plan that att give me,the only is available is the Mobile shared plans. I choose the $20 300MB. But then it add "Mobile Shared Plans" $50 and the total I have to pay is $70 each month . My question is there a way that I can cancel the "Mobile Shared Plans" and remain at $20 each month. Since I only use data for my phones and I don't have another 10 device to use "Mobile Shared Plans". I'm looking a cheap plan .

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: Mobile plan?

That is the cheapest plan available. The $20 is just the cost of the data, the $50 is to add the phone to it. The cost to add a smartphone to a mobile share plan is less as you increase the cost of data.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

You could look at prepaid service for a cheaper plan, however, the only thing you will find under $40 on prepaid is for basic phones only. If you wish to stay post paid then you can pick the $20 300 mb mobile share and use a basic phone at $30 instead of the $50 smartphone
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Employee

another thing to consider is just purchasing a tablet if you're only using data, they are only $10 to add to a mobile share plan.
Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

This is why I ask the question. Can I get a $20 plan for my smartphones. Because like HTC, Samsung, iPhone it about $99->$199. I wonder If I can get a $100 phone and a $20 contract.

I was making the Moto X on the Motorola website. It cost $99 and $20 on 2yrs contract. But when I ggo to the AT&T store and do the same thing, the bill hop up to $70 a Month.

I was confuse. 

That why I ask 

Please Help

Message 5 of 7
Employee

It's not $20, that is just the cost for the data, to add the device it's $50. That piece of information is just left out.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Employee

See this link, the top shows the data tiers and the bottom shows device cost to add it to the tiers:

http://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/data-plans.html?referrer=
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support