Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 15, 2013
8:18:54 AM
View profile
Missing upgrade

I used to go to a third party AT&T store, until I realized the store owner was using my phone upgrades. He would write down all customer passwords and passcodes in a book. I knew this didn't seem right, then I realized all my eligibility upgrade dates changed. Whe I called AT&T, they informed me 3 new phones were purchaed with my upgrades. I have been contacting AT&T for 6 months regarding this, and I have not received any resolution regarding this problem. Today, Carolina (a customer service supervisor) said she would create 3 case numbers. I still do not have any upgrades available, and all my old phones need a replacement. 

I've been a good customer with AT&T for over 12 years, always pay my bill in full and on time. I've been waiting over 6 months to reolve fraud on my account, and every time I call, my concern is treated as a new issue. No one has ever taken ownership of the problem. How can I escalate the issue to someone who will help me resolve this?

I used to go to a third party AT&T store, until I realized the store owner was using my phone upgrades. He would write down all customer passwords and passcodes in a book. I knew this didn't seem right, then I realized all my eligibility upgrade dates changed. Whe I called AT&T, they informed me 3 new phones were purchaed with my upgrades. I have been contacting AT&T for 6 months regarding this, and I have not received any resolution regarding this problem. Today, Carolina (a customer service supervisor) said she would create 3 case numbers. I still do not have any upgrades available, and all my old phones need a replacement. 

I've been a good customer with AT&T for over 12 years, always pay my bill in full and on time. I've been waiting over 6 months to reolve fraud on my account, and every time I call, my concern is treated as a new issue. No one has ever taken ownership of the problem. How can I escalate the issue to someone who will help me resolve this?

Missing upgrade

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:27:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, croatian26!

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about your experiences at one of our authorized retailers. This dishonest behavior is completely unacceptable, and I would appreciate it if you could send me a detailed message here so we can investigate.

Please include as much information as you can remember about the store and its manager. I completely understand your frustration regarding your missing upgrades, and we will work very hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. I will be following this issue very closely. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, croatian26!

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about your experiences at one of our authorized retailers. This dishonest behavior is completely unacceptable, and I would appreciate it if you could send me a detailed message here so we can investigate.

Please include as much information as you can remember about the store and its manager. I completely understand your frustration regarding your missing upgrades, and we will work very hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. I will be following this issue very closely. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Missing upgrade

2 of 5 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 3:05:31 AM
(0)
Contributor
Same thing happen to our lines, and the retail store completely mislead my daughter into going with next plan in Sept when she was eligle for full eligible upgrade, now paying full price for a phone she has to give back if she wants a new phone in a year as advertised, but not disclosed by rep. Told by customer service she should have read contract first, but my feeling is that I'd you have been with a company for ten years you should be able to trust your sales repbto offer youbthe best option available when going in for upgrade instead of taking advantage of a 23 year old excited to get the new iPhone. Was then told she can pay full price of phone to get out of next plan. $670. Our other lines at that time reflected eligible for standard upgrade in Nov, but now told have to wait until April, unless I want to pay full price of phone with installments or herbs reduced price iPhone. Dont want iPhone. Completely sad that preferred customer nit treated better, going to verizon with cheaper rate plan in april with my company discount. Good luck and look into Verizon.
Same thing happen to our lines, and the retail store completely mislead my daughter into going with next plan in Sept when she was eligle for full eligible upgrade, now paying full price for a phone she has to give back if she wants a new phone in a year as advertised, but not disclosed by rep. Told by customer service she should have read contract first, but my feeling is that I'd you have been with a company for ten years you should be able to trust your sales repbto offer youbthe best option available when going in for upgrade instead of taking advantage of a 23 year old excited to get the new iPhone. Was then told she can pay full price of phone to get out of next plan. $670. Our other lines at that time reflected eligible for standard upgrade in Nov, but now told have to wait until April, unless I want to pay full price of phone with installments or herbs reduced price iPhone. Dont want iPhone. Completely sad that preferred customer nit treated better, going to verizon with cheaper rate plan in april with my company discount. Good luck and look into Verizon.

3 of 5 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 6:34:09 AM
(0)
Expert

dpmorris39 wrote:

the advantage ot the next program is you can get the latest abd greatest toy in 1 year instead of 2, the disadvantage is you are required to give the device back in undamaged, working order. Sane as Veriziob's option. On the other item, the upgrade policy changed awhile back, if your contract was up before 03/01/2013 your upgrade stayed the same, if after it went to 24 months instead of 20 (smae as sprint and verizon). The ability to get a subsidized phone is stil there, it is the informed consumers choice - a new toy every year or every 2 years.

dpmorris39 wrote:

the advantage ot the next program is you can get the latest abd greatest toy in 1 year instead of 2, the disadvantage is you are required to give the device back in undamaged, working order. Sane as Veriziob's option. On the other item, the upgrade policy changed awhile back, if your contract was up before 03/01/2013 your upgrade stayed the same, if after it went to 24 months instead of 20 (smae as sprint and verizon). The ability to get a subsidized phone is stil there, it is the informed consumers choice - a new toy every year or every 2 years.

4 of 5 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 7:21:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:22:07 AM

Hello, dpmorris39!

Thanks for posting. It sounds like your situation may be a little bit different from the original poster's, and I'm sorry to hear that the Next plan was not fully explained to your daughter. Wingrider is correct about your other two upgrades.

We do appreciate your business, and if there is anything we can do, please let us know by sending us a private message here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to message me.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, dpmorris39!

Thanks for posting. It sounds like your situation may be a little bit different from the original poster's, and I'm sorry to hear that the Next plan was not fully explained to your daughter. Wingrider is correct about your other two upgrades.

We do appreciate your business, and if there is anything we can do, please let us know by sending us a private message here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to message me.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (327 Views)