Minimum

Employee

Minimum

I have a friend who's considering gophone service for his mum. Emergency calls only.

What's the easiest way to set it up for minimal payments/minimal maintanence?

Auto refill? How much?

$2/day or 10 cent/min?

What's the lowest amount that would renew the 30 day period?

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Minimum

This is my personal option.
 I will go for $100 refill .It is good for 365 days of AT&T Gophone service.

10 cent /min plan maybe good if it is only for Emergency calls only.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Minimum

For extremely low volume use, which pay-per-use plan to choose isn't as important as how much money you add to the account at a time. As adidaskid said, the $100/365 days is the cheapest option long-term, but if you're uncomfortable effectively committing to a year, you can also do $25/90 days, which is only marginally less efficient.

Two caveats:

1. There are taxes and fees that you pay in addition to the refill, and I don't know how that scales with the amount you pay (i.e. not sure if it's a constant percentage of what you pay, or if it's a smaller percentage if you pay more).
  2. Unlike my previous carrier, your account balance expiration is pushed out the appropriate number of days from the day you pay, not from the current expiration date. So in order to be most efficient, you need to wait to pay until the day your balance expires. That puts a little more advantage on the $100 refill, as you only have to worry about that once a year.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support