Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 29, 2010
6:58:20 AM
View profile
Mini 110

After purchasing the netbook HP Mini 110 I find I love the data connect service I have contracted.  I do not like the HP mini.  I need a better laptop and would like to know if there is anyway I can change devices and how do I go about doing that.  Is there a removable card inside the mini that I can transfer to another laptop?  Please help as I have yet to get a answer to this question.

After purchasing the netbook HP Mini 110 I find I love the data connect service I have contracted.  I do not like the HP mini.  I need a better laptop and would like to know if there is anyway I can change devices and how do I go about doing that.  Is there a removable card inside the mini that I can transfer to another laptop?  Please help as I have yet to get a answer to this question.

Mini 110

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 10:17:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

Jaaess wrote:

You may or may not be able to have the embedded module transplanted into another laptop, that is a hardware question that will be specific to the new laptop you are looking at. 

You should be able to transfer the service to a new computer with an embedded module already in it, just be certain that it is compatible with your service.  Also make sure that the price of the unit doesn't require another contract, you don't want two of them!  

Assuming that you are using AT&T, you can take the SIM from your existing unit, and move it to an external USB or other modem as well.

HTH  

HTH

Jaaess wrote:

You may or may not be able to have the embedded module transplanted into another laptop, that is a hardware question that will be specific to the new laptop you are looking at. 

You should be able to transfer the service to a new computer with an embedded module already in it, just be certain that it is compatible with your service.  Also make sure that the price of the unit doesn't require another contract, you don't want two of them!  

Assuming that you are using AT&T, you can take the SIM from your existing unit, and move it to an external USB or other modem as well.

HTH  

HTH

Re: Mini 110

2 of 3 (965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:39:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.  I have been asking this question everywhere and this is the first answer I have received.  It all makes sense now thanks again.

Thank you so much for your help.  I have been asking this question everywhere and this is the first answer I have received.  It all makes sense now thanks again.

Re: Mini 110

3 of 3 (953 Views)